Clipper -> printing on various fonts
Author Message
 Clipper -> printing on various fonts

Hello everybody!

I have some requests from Poland! :-))
1) How can I print on for example on DeskJet HP 600/690C (or LasetJet HP) in
variuos fonts on system DOS (Clipper for DOS - compiler). PCL? Any useful
websites available?
2) Is there any useful FAQ on these group about printing in graphics mode
from DOS using Clipper?
3) For any suggestion and helping hand I will appreciate very much! Thanks!
:-))

Best regards
Dariusz Baumann
POLAND

Mon, 22 Dec 2003 04:36:20 GMT
 Clipper -> printing on various fonts
Any help? :-((

Dariusz Baumann

Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:47:54 GMT
 Clipper -> printing on various fonts

Quote:

>Hello everybody!

>I have some requests from Poland! :-))
>1) How can I print on for example on DeskJet HP 600/690C (or LasetJet HP)
in
>variuos fonts on system DOS (Clipper for DOS - compiler). PCL? Any useful
>websites available?
>2) Is there any useful FAQ on these group about printing in graphics mode
>from DOS using Clipper?
>3) For any suggestion and helping hand I will appreciate very much! Thanks!
>:-))

Dariusz,

On: http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpd02925.html

You can find a list of PCL commands which you can use for the HP 600. If you
search the HP site, you can find similar lists for other printers.

However, most HP printers are fairly compatible, so you can use the same
commands for all printers (except for the "Windows only" printers, which
don't recognise any of these commands).

Not quite sure what you mean with "fonts": if you mean typefaces (Courier,
Arial, Times Roman and so on) it might get more complicated, because I have
seen that the typeface commands for a 600 differ from the ones you need to
use for the 4050 I am using now. You will probably want to stay away from

You might find the following site also useful:

http://www.dse.nl/~tmk/clipper/clpwinprint.htm

Dick

Tue, 23 Dec 2003 20:13:30 GMT
 Clipper -> printing on various fonts
Hi Dariusz !

Solutions are here:

Your problem No. 1: Look your e-mail for the PCL codes ....
problem No. 2:        http://www.dse.nl/~tmk/clipper/clpwinprint.htm
Best regards

Gejza Horvath
from Slovakia

Quote:
> Hello everybody!

> I have some requests from Poland! :-))
> 1) How can I print on for example on DeskJet HP 600/690C (or LasetJet HP)
in
> variuos fonts on system DOS (Clipper for DOS - compiler). PCL? Any useful
> websites available?
> 2) Is there any useful FAQ on these group about printing in graphics mode
> from DOS using Clipper?
> 3) For any suggestion and helping hand I will appreciate very much!
Thanks!
> :-))

> Best regards
> Dariusz Baumann
> POLAND

Tue, 23 Dec 2003 20:32:58 GMT
 Clipper -> printing on various fonts

do grup dyskusyjnych > You might find the following site also useful:

Quote:

> http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~tmk/clipper/clpwinprint.htm

>{*filter*}

Thanks a lot! :-)) I found interesting product "CPS - by Guionardo Furlan"
but link: planeta.terra.com.br/saude/fisio2000/files/cps.zip doesn't work!
:-(( Any other link is available??

Best regards
Dariusz Baumann

Tue, 23 Dec 2003 21:14:19 GMT
 Clipper -> printing on various fonts

Quote:
> Your problem No. 1: Look your e-mail for the PCL codes ....
> problem No. 2:        http://www.dse.nl/~tmk/clipper/clpwinprint.htm
> Best regards

Thanks for aswer! :-))

By the way:
I need sample code using Clipper to using PCL codes of sample application
with source code using Clipper which can print graphics fonts on DeskJet
HP600. Can you help me? Thanks a lot!

Dariusz Baumann
POLAND

Tue, 23 Dec 2003 21:18:18 GMT
 Clipper -> printing on various fonts

Quote:

>> Your problem No. 1: Look your e-mail for the PCL codes ....
>> problem No. 2:        http://www.dse.nl/~tmk/clipper/clpwinprint.htm
>> Best regards

>Thanks for aswer! :-))

>By the way:
>I need sample code using Clipper to using PCL codes of sample application
>with source code using Clipper which can print graphics fonts on DeskJet
>HP600. Can you help me? Thanks a lot!

Dariusz,

Can you give some more details on what exactly you want to do?

What exactly do you mean with "printing graphic fonts"

Dick

Tue, 23 Dec 2003 21:57:36 GMT
 Clipper -> printing on various fonts

Quote:

wiadomo?ci
>do grup dyskusyjnych > You might find the following site also useful:

>> http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~tmk/clipper/clpwinprint.htm

>>{*filter*}

>Thanks a lot! :-)) I found interesting product "CPS - by Guionardo Furlan"
>but link: planeta.terra.com.br/saude/fisio2000/files/cps.zip doesn't work!
>:-(( Any other link is available??

Dariusz,

This is all I have. The sources are still there under "CPS Fontes" on:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Dick

Tue, 23 Dec 2003 22:10:59 GMT
 Clipper -> printing on various fonts

do grup dyskusyjnych

-it.com...

Quote:
> Dariusz,

> Can you give some more details on what exactly you want to do?
> What exactly do you mean with "printing graphic fonts"
>{*filter*}

1) I have DOS Clipper version.
2) I wanna show on my printing page various fonts (Times, Arial, others)
with variuos size. That's all what I want to do.

Best regards
Dariusz Baumann
POLAND

Tue, 23 Dec 2003 22:26:05 GMT
 Clipper -> printing on various fonts

do grup dyskusyjnych > Dariusz,

Quote:

> This is all I have. The sources are still there under "CPS Fontes" on:
> http://www.*-*-*.com/
>{*filter*}

Thanks!
I have just downloaded this product but... it is ONLY exe file so I am
disappointed with it!

On your page you wrote that it includes source code of Delphi!

Regards,
Dariusz Baumann
POLAND

Tue, 23 Dec 2003 22:30:26 GMT
 Clipper -> printing on various fonts

Quote:

wiadomo?ci
>do grup dyskusyjnych

>-it.com...

>> Dariusz,

>> Can you give some more details on what exactly you want to do?
>> What exactly do you mean with "printing graphic fonts"
>>{*filter*}

>1) I have DOS Clipper version.
>2) I wanna show on my printing page various fonts (Times, Arial, others)
>with variuos size. That's all what I want to do.

Dariusz,

Then it should just be a matter of sending the appropriate escape sequence
to the printer.

To print in letter gothic on a 600, you would do something like:

set print on
? chr(27)+'(s6T'+"Letter gothic"+"The quick brown fox"

Note that you can only address one of the built-in fonts in this way.

See http://www.*-*-*.com/

Dick

Tue, 23 Dec 2003 23:08:25 GMT
 Clipper -> printing on various fonts

Quote:

wiadomo?ci
>do grup dyskusyjnych > Dariusz,

>> This is all I have. The sources are still there under "CPS Fontes" on:
>> http://www.*-*-*.com/
>>{*filter*}

>Thanks!
>I have just downloaded this product but... it is ONLY exe file so I am
>disappointed with it!

>On your page you wrote that it includes source code of Delphi!

When I looked a moment ago, the sources were in:
http://www.*-*-*.com/
Under the link "CPS Fontes" I mentioned above.

Dick

Tue, 23 Dec 2003 23:17:12 GMT
 Clipper -> printing on various fonts
[SNIP]

Quote:
> When I looked a moment ago, the sources were in:
> http://planeta.terra.com.br/saude/fisio2000/files/cps_font.zip
> Under the link "CPS Fontes" I mentioned above.

Now it is 404

Tue, 23 Dec 2003 23:47:59 GMT
 Clipper -> printing on various fonts

Quote:

>[SNIP]
>> When I looked a moment ago, the sources were in:
>> http://planeta.terra.com.br/saude/fisio2000/files/cps_font.zip
>> Under the link "CPS Fontes" I mentioned above.

>Now it is 404

Yes: everything seems to have disappeared in the past hour or so. I suppose
we will just have to be patient and see if they will reappear sometime
somewhere............

Dick

Tue, 23 Dec 2003 23:59:41 GMT

1. Print true fonts in Clipper

2. Printing with Clipper 5.2e fonts of Windows

3. Ensuring the same colour, font, ... for various platforms

4. Clipper 53->53a->53b Update-ActualizaciĆ³n Clipper53->53a->53b

5. How do I set print font for ASCII View Print Procedure

6. Printing from various files

7. QUERY: Various Smalltalk, Opinions on these various

8. Printing Direct To Netware Print Queue Clipper/Xbase++

9. Printing from clipper applications under Win XP DOS prints control codes

10. Need to print bar codes and print/display images from Clipper

11. print "hello", >> file