Clipper/NT4.0/Netware
Author Message
 Clipper/NT4.0/Netware

When runnig a Multi-User Clipper application under Windows NT 4.0
reading data from a Netware 4.11 server I frequently get the following
error.

        DBFNTX/1035 Lock Failure
        Gen Code 41

I know what this error means but is there any way around it?

The PC I'm using Compaq DeskPro 2000/6200

Chris Hammond

Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper/NT4.0/Netware

Quote:

>When runnig a Multi-User Clipper application under Windows NT 4.0
>reading data from a Netware 4.11 server I frequently get the following
>error.

>    DBFNTX/1035 Lock Failure
>    Gen Code 41

>I know what this error means but is there any way around it?

Sure - insert the following in your AUTOEXEC.NCF on the server &
re-start it.

# Insert this fragment into AUTOEXEC.NCF
rem These settings customize Netware's locking performance for Clipper
rem I've taken 5000 as a figure that MY apps don't exceed, YMMV
SET MAXIMUM RECORD LOCKS PER CONNECTION = 5000
SET MAXIMUM RECORD LOCKS = 5000 X (Number of Clients)
SET MAXIMUM FILE LOCKS PER CONNECTION = 250
SET MAXIMUM FILE LOCKS = 250 X (Number of Clients)
# END

HTH

--
Nick Ramsay

Fri, 30 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clipper 5.2e App migration from Netware 4.10 to Netware 5/NT4.0

2. Clipper, Clipper Tools, Netware and NT4

3. migration of 5.2 clipper app from netware 3.11 to netware 5

4. Netware 4.11 & NT4 Workstations

5. Clipper 5.2e, Netware 3.x, NovLib 3.3

6. WIN2K, Netware 5, Clipper=Corruption?

7. Clipper app on Netware 4x

8. Printing Prob - Win2000 - NetWare 5 - Clipper

9. Clipper 5.2e Netware 3.x print W2000

10. Netware 5.1 and Clipper 5.2e

11. Clipper, XP, Netware 5

12. Clipper 5.2 and Netware 4.x