Harbour build 10
Author Message
 Harbour build 10

Harbour: a public project for an open source Clipper language compatible
compiler

It may not become the final project name, but I need a name to upload this
new build.
Harbour is _already_ a compiler, not just a parser. :-)

It is on a very early stage (I used C++ on Five and I decided to remove it,
so I am modifying several compiler parts, this is why I am going step by
step not to break things). The advantage is that it is very easy to
understand how it works, so I kindly request you to review it and try to get
the concepts. Please feel free to ask about whatever doubts you may get.

I am sure you will all love to see this beast compiling... :-)

Antonio

Wed, 19 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Harbour build 10
Where can I download it???

Thanx,

Felipe

Quote:
>I am sure you will all love to see this beast compiling... :-)

>Antonio

Wed, 19 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Harbour build 10
Felipe,

I assume it will soon become available at the Oasis, in the meantime you may

publicity intended).

Antonio

Wed, 19 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Harbour build 10

Quote:
> Harbour: a public project for an open source Clipper language compatible
> compiler

Antonio,

I think this is a great name. I can't see why we shouldn't go with it
(except for the fact that all the www.harbour.* names seem to be taken). As
to everyone else, can we agree that this can be the official name. This will
end the long running thread of "what should we call it" and allow us to move
the Harbour specific discussions to a mailing list.

-Bil

Wed, 19 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Harbour build 10

Quote:

>> Harbour: a public project for an open source Clipper language compatible
>> compiler

>Antonio,

>I think this is a great name. I can't see why we shouldn't go with it
>(except for the fact that all the www.harbour.* names seem to be taken). As
>to everyone else, can we agree that this can be the official name. This will
>end the long running thread of "what should we call it" and allow us to move
>the Harbour specific discussions to a mailing list.

It's a good name.

safeharbour.org is available, and would be a great site name.

--

        Oasis WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
         FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

         The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Wed, 19 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Harbour build 10

Quote:

> Antonio, you forgot the file<G> Here it is

Can I make the suggestion that we don't start posting ZIPs to this
newsgroup? Remember, comp.lang.clipper is a non-binary discussion group.

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: |   w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
http://www.acemake.com/hagbard/ |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.

Wed, 19 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Harbour build 10

Quote:

> safeharbour.org is available, and would be a great site name.

Out of interest, does anyone know who we need to bribe to get a brand new
TLD created? I mean, forget harbour.com, harbour.org, harbour.net and all
that stupid nonsense, what we *REALLY* want is:

   harbour.prg

Am I right or what? ;-)

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: |   w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
http://www.acemake.com/hagbard/ |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.
http://www.hagbard.demon.co.uk/ |    weg - Norton Guide reader for Windows.
Free software, including........| dgscan - DGROUP scanner for Clipper.

Wed, 19 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Harbour build 10

|Out of interest, does anyone know who we need to bribe to get a brand new
|TLD created? I mean, forget harbour.com, harbour.org, harbour.net and all
|that stupid nonsense, what we *REALLY* want is:

It is not quite the same thing as a brand new TLD, but I have a rather
obscure one myself.  I have a small company called Gnosis Software.  I
wanted the Gnosis.??? domain, but the usual .com, .net, .org were taken
(and only .com would really be appropriate anyway).  By chance, I
happened across the fact that this little protectorate of Australia,
over in the Indian Ocean, was selling its *.cx domain names.  Not too
many of them had been used up, so I got 'gnosis.cx' for my domain just a
couple months ago.  Probably most any name for the PROJECT that might
have .org used up will still have .cx available.

If anyone cares, take a look at http://nic.cx.

That said, TLD's like .es, .uk, and others, might also well still have
our chosen name available.  *.org is country-neutral, but that does not
seem like a definitive requirement to me.

Yours, Lulu...

--

net    _/_/                                                 \_\_  d o
      _/_/_/ IN A WORLD W/O WALLS, THERE WOULD BE NO GATES \_\_\_ z e

Wed, 19 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Harbour build 10
ClipBase32.... mmm Sounds good!

Harbour mmm Yuk!

Phil McGuinness

Quote:

>Harbour: a public project for an open source Clipper language compatible
>compiler

>It may not become the final project name, but I need a name to upload this
>new build.
>Harbour is _already_ a compiler, not just a parser. :-)

>It is on a very early stage (I used C++ on Five and I decided to remove it,
>so I am modifying several compiler parts, this is why I am going step by
>step not to break things). The advantage is that it is very easy to
>understand how it works, so I kindly request you to review it and try to
get
>the concepts. Please feel free to ask about whatever doubts you may get.

>I am sure you will all love to see this beast compiling... :-)

>Antonio

Thu, 20 Sep 2001 04:00:00 GMT
 Harbour build 10

Quote:

> ClipBase32.... mmm Sounds good!

I've posted why I think "base" is a bad idea but, and I've asked this one of
someone else, where does the 32 come from?

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: |   w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
http://www.acemake.com/hagbard/ |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.
http://www.hagbard.demon.co.uk/ |    weg - Norton Guide reader for Windows.
Free software, including........| dgscan - DGROUP scanner for Clipper.

Thu, 20 Sep 2001 04:00:00 GMT
 Harbour build 10
Oeps... Sorry...
Quote:

>On Sat, 3 Apr 1999 12:48:07 +0200, Patrick Mast

>> Antonio, you forgot the file<G> Here it is

>Can I make the suggestion that we don't start posting ZIPs to this
>newsgroup? Remember, comp.lang.clipper is a non-binary discussion group.

>--
>Take a look in Hagbard's World: |   w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
>http://www.acemake.com/hagbard/ |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.
>http://www.hagbard.demon.co.uk/ |    weg - Norton Guide reader for Windows.
>Free software, including........| dgscan - DGROUP scanner for Clipper.

Thu, 20 Sep 2001 04:00:00 GMT
 Harbour build 10
THAT's why we need a web site Dave!<g>
Quote:

>On Sat, 3 Apr 1999 12:48:07 +0200, Patrick Mast

>> Antonio, you forgot the file<G> Here it is

>Can I make the suggestion that we don't start posting ZIPs to this
>newsgroup? Remember, comp.lang.clipper is a non-binary discussion group.

>--
>Take a look in Hagbard's World: |   w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
>http://www.acemake.com/hagbard/ |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.
>http://www.hagbard.demon.co.uk/ |    weg - Norton Guide reader for Windows.
>Free software, including........| dgscan - DGROUP scanner for Clipper.

Thu, 20 Sep 2001 04:00:00 GMT
 Harbour build 10

Quote:

> THAT's why we need a web site Dave!<g>

Can you point me to the post where I've said we don't need a web or ftp
site?

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: |   w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
http://www.acemake.com/hagbard/ |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.
http://www.hagbard.demon.co.uk/ |    weg - Norton Guide reader for Windows.
Free software, including........| dgscan - DGROUP scanner for Clipper.

Thu, 20 Sep 2001 04:00:00 GMT
 Harbour build 10
Dave,

I did not say that you said that we don't NEED a web site...
Sorry if you understood it this way<g>

But you said:

Quote:
>o A web site.
>  One day. I really don't think this is so important right now.

And:

Quote:
>> There is already a www.harbour.com , www.harbour.net , www.harbour.org
>This shouldn't be a worry

so I thought...<g>
But again, Sorry if I misunderstood!<G> I don't mean no harm!<g>

regards,

Patrick Mast
www.WinFakt.com

Quote:
>On Sun, 4 Apr 1999 12:10:38 +0200, Patrick Mast

>> THAT's why we need a web site Dave!<g>

>Can you point me to the post where I've said we don't need a web or ftp
>site?

>--
>Take a look in Hagbard's World: |   w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
>http://www.acemake.com/hagbard/ |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.
>http://www.hagbard.demon.co.uk/ |    weg - Norton Guide reader for Windows.
>Free software, including........| dgscan - DGROUP scanner for Clipper.

Thu, 20 Sep 2001 04:00:00 GMT
 Harbour build 10

Quote:

> Dave,

> I did not say that you said that we don't NEED a web site... Sorry if you
> understood it this way<g>

> But you said:

> >o A web site.
> >  One day. I really don't think this is so important right now.

Correct, the HTTP protocol is a poor second best to the FTP protocol when it
comes to downloading files. The point in the post you are referring to was
that an ftp location (the name doesn't matter) is of paramount importance, a
web site, at this stage in the game, is simply marketing fluff.

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: |   w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
http://www.acemake.com/hagbard/ |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.
http://www.hagbard.demon.co.uk/ |    weg - Norton Guide reader for Windows.
Free software, including........| dgscan - DGROUP scanner for Clipper.

Fri, 21 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

 [ 26 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. ANNOUNCE: Harbour FAQ v1.10 now available

2. Carbon Builds on PPC w/o 10.x

3. RB apps built under 10.1.5 crash...

4. RB apps built under 10.1.5 crash under 10.2

5. SQLExpress, build 2.0.10 released

6. Building python on HPUX-10.2

7. competing panic declarations building expect on Mac OS X 10.3.4

8. IVF 10: IO speed slower with full optimizations than with a debug build

9. HARBOUR: Different versions of same build???

10. New Harbour build ready for download

11. Harbour Build 0.36 Available

12. Release New harbour Build #27