good book to learn clipper
Author Message
 good book to learn clipper

I would appreciate if anyone can refer me to some literature where I can learn
clipper from. Please note that I know little of this language but find myself
in a position where I have to learn it. I need a good book that teaches me the
ins and outs of this language. thank you for all your cooperation. Please email

Fri, 22 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 good book to learn clipper

: I would appreciate if anyone can refer me to some literature where I can learn
: clipper from. Please note that I know little of this language but find myself
: in a position where I have to learn it. I need a good book that teaches me the
: ins and outs of this language. thank you for all your cooperation. Please email

        It would help to know which version of Clipper you are using.

        FWIW, Here are a few titles from my bookshelf:

1. Our Roots
dBase III Plus (The Expert Advisor)             Rettig & Moody
Note: Only access this if you are really stuck and using a really early
      version of Clipper.   I mention it here because... well... fond
      memories!

2. For Summer '87
Using Clipper                                   W. Edward Tiley
Note: I started with this one which helps the transition from Clipper's
      dBaseIII roots.  MANY things have changed since then, but it's a
      good start if you're using the Summer '87 or earlier release of
      Clipper.  This is a Que book.
Programming in Clipper 2nd edition              Steve Straley

3. Clipper5.0
Programming with Clipper 5.0                    Steve Straley
The Straley Seminars                            Steve Straley

4. Clipper 5.2
Programming with Clipper 5.2                    Steve Straley
Clipper 5.2 A Developer's Guide                 Booth, Lief & Yellick
Network Programming in CA-Clipper 5.2           Booth & Lief

5. Clipper 5.3
        I don't have one of these.  Maybe someone else will recommend one.

        This is a good start.  There are quite a few others.  Perhaps some
other contributors to this NewsGroup will use this thread to complete the
library list.  They are most certainly not all still available everywhere,
but most good libraries carry them.

Good Luck & enjoy
Ted Cleaver

Fri, 22 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 good book to learn clipper

Quote:
> 5. Clipper 5.3
> I don't have one of these.  Maybe someone else will recommend one.

There is "Clipper  5.3: A Developers Guide" from Booth/Lief/Yellick -
should  be the same as 5.2 book your mentioned (I also have that 5.2
version - nice book) with updated issues regarding news in version 5.3.
Also, I'll add to your list 5.2 books Rick Spence's "Power Programmer's
Guide" - really great book (but too technical for beginners).

--
Jovan Bulajic
Belgrade, Yugoslavia

Fri, 22 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 good book to learn clipper

Hi

Quote:

>I would appreciate if anyone can refer me to some literature where I can learn
>clipper from. Please note that I know little of this language but find myself
>in a position where I have to learn it. I need a good book that teaches me the
>ins and outs of this language. thank you for all your cooperation. Please email

See Clipper...Clipper...Clipper's section on Technical References

BTW, this e-mail is sent via the KarenSoft Web Browser 1.05c,
the first Malaysian TCP/IP Internet Application.

Chee Chong Hwa, PA(M), CPA aka C.H. Chee
KarenSoft Solutions Sdn Bhd

KarenSoft InfoPage  (http://www.karensoft.com.my/karensoft)
Who the heck Is Chee Chong Hwa ?  (http://www.cch.com.my/cch/people/cch)
Clipper...Clipper...Clipper  (http://www.cch.com.my/cch/clipper)
Delphi...Delphi...Delphi  (http://www.cch.com.my/cch/delphi)
<Download the KarenSoft Web Browser Version 1.04i>

Sat, 23 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 good book to learn clipper

Quote:

> I would appreciate if anyone can refer me to some literature where I can learn
> clipper from. Please note that I know little of this language but find myself
> in a position where I have to learn it. I need a good book that teaches me the
> ins and outs of this language. thank you for all your cooperation. Please email

I would recommend anything written by Steve Straley or Rick Spence.

Russell England
Contract Software Services Ltd
http://www.css2.com

Wed, 27 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. good book for learning Smalltalk?

2. What is best book to learn smalltalk

3. A good book to learn Eiffel on ?

4. Looking for Good detailed book to learn COBOL from

5. Best programing book for learning Rexx on VM/CMS Mainframe

6. Good book for learning Tk (w/ Ruby)?

7. Any good books for learning XSCHEME

8. Good books for learning VRML 2.0

9. good verilog book or online link to learn for begineer

10. I am just learning verilog any good books or websites

11. Good book(s) to learn ASM?

12. Best book to learn NASM