de-complier for Clipper 
Author Message
 de-complier for Clipper

I have heard of a de-compiler for Clipper.

Does it work?  If so, does it work with overlays?



Fri, 29 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 de-complier for Clipper

Quote:

> I have heard of a de-compiler for Clipper.

> Does it work?  If so, does it work with overlays?

I have tried and used VALKERIE and yes it works with overlays!
Phil Mc Guiness (SHERLOCK - Australia)


Sat, 30 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 de-complier for Clipper

Quote:

> I have heard of a de-compiler for Clipper.

> Does it work?  If so, does it work with overlays?

Yes "they" do work with overlays and only PRG are decompilable.

There are several decompilers I know ie.:

   Valkyrie - a Demo is in the Oasis FTP.  
   Rescue5  - a Demo is in the Oasis FTP.
   UnClip   - Summer87 Only Decompiler.

To decompile an ASM you'll need another product say SOURCER.

SOURCER is also capable of decompiling C objects but the output
will be transformed into ASM. A very nice "HACKER" which works
fine with almost all C/C++ Compiled objects.

--
Andi Jahja
Jakarta, INDONESIA
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/4231/index.html



Sat, 30 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 de-complier for Clipper

Quote:


> > I have heard of a de-compiler for Clipper.

> > Does it work?  If so, does it work with overlays?
> I have tried and used VALKERIE and yes it works with overlays!
> Phil Mc Guiness (SHERLOCK - Australia)

When you say it works - What does it do?  If I have an EXE does it
create PRG's.  If I have not included the /b does it have an impact.  
And I assume that the only point to a decompiler is that the original
source was lost or damaged-it re-creates the source right?
TIA
Brian


Sat, 30 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 de-complier for Clipper

Quote:

> When you say it works - What does it do?  If I have an EXE does it
> create PRG's.  If I have not included the /b does it have an impact.
> And I assume that the only point to a decompiler is that the original
> source was lost or damaged-it re-creates the source right?

It works.  On the other hand, the readability if generated PRG's ... lousy.

Locals and Statics are called Local1, Local2 .. Static1, Static2 and so on

I guess small apps are in reach.  Bigger apps would be more difficult to
understand.  Mainly, because you cannot read anything from the variable names,
and have to track every one to make certain.

Personally, I wouldn't dream of going thru my own apps.  1.100++ functions
and 500++ procs ... Yuck.  I probably get nightmares tonight, just by thinking
of it. :-)

==========================================================

==========================================================



Sat, 30 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 de-complier for Clipper

Quote:

> Personally, I wouldn't dream of going thru my own apps.  1.100++ functions
> and 500++ procs ... Yuck.  I probably get nightmares tonight, just by thinking
> of it. :-)

BTW, thanks to God for giving us the Tape Streamer ... And to the guy who invented
the word BACKUP !!!


Sat, 30 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 de-complier for Clipper
Quote:


> > I have heard of a de-compiler for Clipper.

> > Does it work?  If so, does it work with overlays?
> I have tried and used VALKERIE and yes it works with overlays!
> Phil Mc Guiness (SHERLOCK - Australia)test



Sun, 31 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 de-complier for Clipper
Quote:


> > I have heard of a de-compiler for Clipper.

> > Does it work?  If so, does it work with overlays?
> I have tried and used VALKERIE and yes it works with overlays!
> Phil Mc Guiness (SHERLOCK - Australia)dat is mooi



Sun, 31 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 de-complier for Clipper

Quote:

>BTW, thanks to God for giving us the Tape Streamer ... And to the guy who in
>vented
>the word BACKUP !!!

  Aye, and curses to the inspiration for Murphy - which has a corollary to
the effect of "if you backup your source regularly and your drive crashes,
your backups will mysteriously die in the crash, your alternate backups will
be eaten by the cat, your fireproof safe will get stolen, your other backup
will be effected by a virus not yet known by McAfee, and the offsite backups
will explode on route!"

=scott&chris



Tue, 02 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 de-complier for Clipper

Quote:


> > When you say it works - What does it do?  If I have an EXE does it
> > create PRG's.  If I have not included the /b does it have an impact.
> > And I assume that the only point to a decompiler is that the original
> > source was lost or damaged-it re-creates the source right?

> It works.  On the other hand, the readability if generated PRG's ... lousy.

> Locals and Statics are called Local1, Local2 .. Static1, Static2 and so on

> I guess small apps are in reach.  Bigger apps would be more difficult to
> understand.  Mainly, because you cannot read anything from the variable names,
> and have to track every one to make certain.

> Personally, I wouldn't dream of going thru my own apps.  1.100++ functions
> and 500++ procs ... Yuck.  I probably get nightmares tonight, just by thinking
> of it. :-)

> ==========================================================

> ==========================================================

Thanks for answering, I have never purchased one but heard Valkyrie
was good and was interested.  OTOH, backups are better.  ;-)
Brian


Tue, 02 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 10 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. de-complier for Clipp

2. Necesito ayuda de como pasar datos de Excel a un programa Clipper

3. clipper 5.2 y PISTOLA LECTORA DE CODIGOS DE BARRAS

4. I find de de-compiller for clipper

5. Complier switches for Clipper 5.3 and MSC8.0

6. Clipper De-Compiler

7. De-compile clipper program

8. Nueva pĆ”gina de programaciĆ³n en Clipper.

9. Clipper de compiler

10. de clipper para entorno windows

11. MILESIMAS DE SEGUNDO EN CLIPPER - THOUSANDS OF SECONDS

12. Foro de Clipper en Castellano

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software