Using Foxplus indexes with clipper 5.3b
Author Message
 Using Foxplus indexes with clipper 5.3b

I have taken over maintenance of a multi-user system based on foxplus,
there are a lot of things that need to be sorted out. I'm going to convert
the whole lot over to clipper - BUT - in the meantime I would like to run
foxplus and clipper using the foxplus indexes ****.idx

Does anyone know how to do this - or am I wasting my time trying.

Please note this is Foxplus - not Foxpro

Regards from Tudor

Thu, 07 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Foxplus indexes with clipper 5.3b

Quote:
> I'm going to convert
>the whole lot over to clipper - BUT - in the meantime I would like to run
>foxplus and clipper using the foxplus indexes ****.idx

    First of all you might be refering to FoxBase Plus not FoxPlus.
 Yes, FoxBase Plus is using indexes w ith the idx extension.
  Clipper 5.X   cannot utilize idx.    You have to change these
  indexes either to ntx or cdx. for clipper to recognize.

   Lojo

Sat, 09 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Foxplus indexes with clipper 5.3b

Quote:
>> I'm going to convert
>>the whole lot over to clipper - BUT - in the meantime I would like to run
>>foxplus and clipper using the foxplus indexes ****.idx
>    First of all you might be refering to FoxBase Plus not FoxPlus.
> Yes, FoxBase Plus is using indexes w ith the idx extension.
>  Clipper 5.X   cannot utilize idx.    You have to change these
>  indexes either to ntx or cdx. for clipper to recognize.

Actually, both Six and Comix can create and use Fox compatible .IDX
indexes. But it ain't free...

--

             WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
      WWW Mirror  http://www.enterconnex.com/oasis/

      I'd rather write code that writes code than write code!

Sun, 10 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Foxplus indexes with clipper 5.3b

Quote:

> >> I'm going to convert
> >>the whole lot over to clipper - BUT - in the meantime I would like to
> run
> >>foxplus and clipper using the foxplus indexes ****.idx

> >    First of all you might be refering to FoxBase Plus not FoxPlus.
> > Yes, FoxBase Plus is using indexes w ith the idx extension.
> >  Clipper 5.X   cannot utilize idx.    You have to change these
> >  indexes either to ntx or cdx. for clipper to recognize.

> Actually, both Six and Comix can create and use Fox compatible .IDX
> indexes. But it ain't free...

> --

>              WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
>       WWW Mirror  http://www.enterconnex.com/oasis/
>         FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

>       I'd rather write code that writes code than write code!

Thanks for reminding me :-)

I have just trolled through my old software - and there amongst the
cobwebs is my old SIX DRIVER disc. I'll have a go with that.

Regards from Tudor

Thu, 14 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Foxplus indexes with clipper 5.3b

Quote:
> > I'm going to convert
> >the whole lot over to clipper - BUT - in the meantime I would like to run
> >foxplus and clipper using the foxplus indexes ****.idx

>     First of all you might be refering to FoxBase Plus not FoxPlus.
>  Yes, FoxBase Plus is using indexes w ith the idx extension.
>   Clipper 5.X   cannot utilize idx.    You have to change these
>   indexes either to ntx or cdx. for clipper to recognize.

Partially true.

CA-Clipper 5.2 allows .idx files using the DBFCDX driver with FoxPro 2.
It would probably work with FoxBASE Plus.

CA-Clipper 5.3 makes no mention of .idx files in their "Drivers Guide."

From the CA-Clipper "Drivers Guide" Version 5.2
Chapter 4: DBFCDX Driver Installation and Usage
The DBFCDX database driver provides access to FoxPro 2
(.cdx) and (.idx) file formats.  This chapter explains how to
install DBFCDX and how to use it in your applications.

Sun, 24 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Foxplus indexes with clipper 5.3b

: >     First of all you might be refering to FoxBase Plus not FoxPlus.

No, the executable is FoxPlus.exe NOT FoxBase Plus

--
Mel Smith       (in the Valley of the Sun)

Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Index DESCEND with clipper 5..3b

2. Clipper...Clipper...Clipper - 5.3b Patch

3. Clipper 5.3b (german) using 100% CPU at inkey(0)

4. Problems using Clipper 5.3b + Blinker 5.1

5. Clipper 5.3b error in RECOVER USING ...

6. Clipper 5.01 and Clipper 5.3b NTX compatibility

7. Clipper 5.2e --> Clipper 5.3b

8. Clipper 5.2e + SIXCDX or Clipper 5.3b with CDX

9. Clipper 5.3b or similar, the future of Clipper

10. Indexing problem on win2000 using a clipper program

11. Index problem using Clipper & FoxPro

12. HELP ON USING COMPACT INDEXES WITH CLIPPER