NG compiler/linker
Author Message
 NG compiler/linker

Does anyone know where to find a Norton Guide compiler and linker?

Thanks in advance,

Ferdinand

Sat, 13 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 NG compiler/linker
Ferdinand -

Quote:
>Does anyone know where to find a Norton Guide compiler and linker?

Get Expert Help.  It has all that stuff, and a better reader to boot.

-- Clayton --

Sun, 14 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 NG compiler/linker

Quote:

>Does anyone know where to find a Norton Guide compiler and linker?

>Thanks in advance,

>Ferdinand

Norton Guides may or may not be available where you are. I found several
copies at a local discount software outlet in Seattle for $8 per. These
were actually under the "help" section of the software section, not the
"programming" section. I saw several titles. Each package was for a
particular software product, like Microsoft C, MASM, Word Perfect, and so
forth. I picked up the few that I did not already have which I saw a use
for. Each package contained the Norton guide compiler and linker for
producing your own in addition to the NG file for the software package it
was sold as "help" for. I would expect that if you find these around, it
will be as surplus or liquidated items. I have not seen Norton Guides in
any of the major "chain" software outlets around Seattle, though I might
just have missed seeing them. I use NG for on-line help in several
applications I built and let out to some clubs I am in and it seems to
work on every machine I have tried it on. Most are older with limited
memory.

Other people have referred to this, but I will also put in a plug for
Expert Help (EH). EH does all that NG does and then some. EH also
includes a "decompiler" for the NG and EH database files so you can take
them apart, add your own items and put them back together, which is the
MAIN reason why I purchased the package.  I think I paid $79 + tax and
shipping a bit more than a year ago. There is a "developer" version
which allows you to build the engine so it only uses a single EH
file and can be distributed with an application. I seem to remember
the developer version price at about $200 or so. Prices may have changed
drastically since I made my purchase. I have found that even though EH
will make use of upper memory, I have not been abble to avoid locking the
machine unless I force EH to load into conventional base memory. The
problem may be due to my memory manager software, but I have not tracked
it down. Other people have had no problems at all with the default
operation of upper memory use. One of these days, I'll get around to
looking into my problem in detail.

--
Ralph
... and NO, I speak for no one else but me, myself and I, of course.

Sun, 21 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. NG to HLP or NG to RTF

2. Librairie *.Ng pour NG.EXE

3. Compiler for NG - helper

4. NG Compiler

5. Clipper compiler and Linker-HELP

6. Lost Compiler and Linker

7. Problems with Compiler and Linker Using Win95 with FAT32

8. call by address (was Re: compilers and linkers)

9. call by address (was Re: compilers and linkers)

10. C editors, compilers, linkers

11. Pow! Compiler and linker interface DLLs

12. I need a COBOL compiler and linker!