How can I know the .EXE file name, file date, file size
Author Message
 How can I know the .EXE file name, file date, file size

Hi,

I would like to know the current running .EXE's file name, file date and
size.  Any function would reply this info?  I hope blinker / exospace would
provide these functions.

regards,
simon wang

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:20:30 GMT
 How can I know the .EXE file name, file date, file size

Quote:

>Hi,

>I would like to know the current running .EXE's file name, file date and
>size.  Any function would reply this info?  I hope blinker / exospace would
>provide these functions.

>regards,
>simon wang

Hello Simon,

From just before New Year...with thanks to Peter Disdale:

If anyone is still looking for an 'exename()' function and
doesn't have the necessary lib(s), a .obj (and the .asm source)
is available at:

  <http://www.pdlmail.demon.co.uk/clipper/exename.zip>

Just under 1K for the lot!  No guarantees, but it seems to work
OK when linked in a real mode S87 test harness.

Pete
--
        "We have not inherited the earth from our ancestors,
         we have borrowed it from our descendants."

It also works in Clipper 5.2x.

I will leave the rest of your question for your homework <g>

Regards,

Ross McKenzie
ValuSoft
Melbourne Australia

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:47:42 GMT
 How can I know the .EXE file name, file date, file size

Quote:
> Hi,

> I would like to know the current running .EXE's file name, file date and
> size.  Any function would reply this info?  I hope blinker / exospace
would
> provide these functions.

See the thread "Current EXE filename" in this newsgroup from late December
(use Google groups if necessary) - this will get you the EXE's name.

Once you have that, you can use directory() to get the date, time and size.

--
Ray Marron

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 22:16:56 GMT
 How can I know the .EXE file name, file date, file size
Hi,

I try the exename() link with my blinker v5.1 + CATools and work fine.  But
exospace fail.  However, that is good.

thanks,
simon wang

Quote:

> >Hi,

> >I would like to know the current running .EXE's file name, file date and
> >size.  Any function would reply this info?  I hope blinker / exospace
would
> >provide these functions.

> >regards,
> >simon wang

> Hello Simon,

> From just before New Year...with thanks to Peter Disdale:

> If anyone is still looking for an 'exename()' function and
> doesn't have the necessary lib(s), a .obj (and the .asm source)
> is available at:

>   <http://www.pdlmail.demon.co.uk/clipper/exename.zip>

> Just under 1K for the lot!  No guarantees, but it seems to work
> OK when linked in a real mode S87 test harness.

> Pete
> --
>         "We have not inherited the earth from our ancestors,
>          we have borrowed it from our descendants."

> It also works in Clipper 5.2x.

> I will leave the rest of your question for your homework <g>

> Regards,

> Ross McKenzie
> ValuSoft
> Melbourne Australia

Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:20:01 GMT

1. DOS File Lookup - just the file name, not the path AND file name

2. get file size and file date

3. Anyone know file layout for IE5 DBX files?

4. How to know the size of file

5. File Version in exe file

6. Compiling EXE file with embedded File Version

7. CW2.003 Copy file changes file date

8. Get File path from running exe file

9. How to know if .EXE file is already opened

10. FILE-TIME FILE-DATE ?

11. UN COMPILER CLIPPER ALL VERSION (from EXE Files translate to PRG Files)

12. Header file on .exe file?