EPOCH
Author Message
 EPOCH

What is the format of the set epoch command?

Thanks,

Don Norris
Sirron Software Corporation
(925) 484-5493

Sun, 09 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 EPOCH
SET EPOCH  TO 1905

is one example.  The above command ensures that any 2-digit date from 05 thru
99 translates to 1905 thru 1999.  The flip side of this is that any date input
with the 2-digit year from 00 thru 04 ensures that the date will be set to 2000
thru 2004.

   So you can keep on using 2-digit dates *until* you require a date *outside*
the range 1904 thru 2004  (a usually unlikely event).  however, for my own
applications I sometimes have very elderly patients who were born before 1905.
Inputting their Date-of-Birth requires me to use 4-digit years for these
special cases.

-Mel Smith

Sun, 09 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 EPOCH

Quote:

> What is the format of the set epoch command?

The syntax of the SET EPOCH command (and set( _SET_EPOCH ) function call) is
documented in the Clipper manuals and Norton Guides:

,----
|  SET EPOCH
|  Control the interpretation of dates with no century digits
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  Syntax
|
|      SET EPOCH TO <nYear>
|
|  Arguments
|
|      TO <nYear> specifies the base year of a 100-year period in which all
|      dates containing only two year digits are assumed to fall.
`----

Common usage would be things like:

,----

`----

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: |   w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
http://www.acemake.com/hagbard/ |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.

Sun, 09 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 EPOCH
Dear Don,

 I believe it's   SET EPOCH TO 1980 or a date or your choice.

I hope this helps
Alex

Quote:

> What is the format of the set epoch command?

> Thanks,

> Don Norris
> Sirron Software Corporation
> (925) 484-5493

Sat, 15 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 EPOCH
Dear Don,

 I think the command is SET EPOCH TO 1980, or any date of your choice.
When you get to 2000 and you input 00, it can't go past the 1980 number
so it will set 2000.

I hope this helps
Alex

Quote:

> What is the format of the set epoch command?

> Thanks,

> Don Norris
> Sirron Software Corporation
> (925) 484-5493

Sat, 15 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 EPOCH
Dear Don,
This form is very simple : Syntax is "SET EPOCH TO 1990"
Any date like "jj/mm/aa" (or other national form) with "aa" < "90" will
be considered as "jj/mm/20aa"
Bye, Jean-Pierre.

Don Norris a crit :

Quote:
> What is the format of the set epoch command?

> Thanks,

> Don Norris
> Sirron Software Corporation
> (925) 484-5493