Visual Foxpro and RDDs
Author Message
 Visual Foxpro and RDDs

DBFCDX as in COMIX 5.3B version gets 1012 corruption detected in _DBFCDX,

ADS opens up fine.

Anyone any ideas?

Mon, 26 Dec 2005 19:11:37 GMT
 Visual Foxpro and RDDs
Martin

What's the MEMO_BLOCKSIZE in the Clipper app (assuming this error is from a separate app)??

--
HTH
Steve Quinn

Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:46:09 GMT
 Visual Foxpro and RDDs
Don't know about memo block size as I was using a relinked DBU against a VFP
file

Tue, 27 Dec 2005 18:08:09 GMT
 Visual Foxpro and RDDs
Martin

Have a look at the memo file with a hex editor - the 3rd & 4th bytes are the block size
Fox default size is 33 bytes (and I don't think you can change it), you need to be sure that DBU
uses the same size (DBFCDX is 64 bytes IIRC).

--
HTH
Steve Quinn

Wed, 28 Dec 2005 08:05:00 GMT
 Visual Foxpro and RDDs
I thought FOX, like ADS, had a function where you could set block size for
viewing and writing FPTs. Also, I thought block sizes were in units of 32 or
16 or 8 or 4 or 2 (lol).

Mike

Quote:
> Martin

> Have a look at the memo file with a hex editor - the 3rd & 4th bytes are
the block size
> Fox default size is 33 bytes (and I don't think you can change it), you

need to be sure that DBU
Quote:
> uses the same size (DBFCDX is 64 bytes IIRC).

> --
> HTH
> Steve Quinn

Wed, 28 Dec 2005 10:45:32 GMT
 Visual Foxpro and RDDs

Mike

Quote:
> I thought FOX, like ADS, had a function where you could set block size for

Might have I've never used FOX to develop with.

Quote:
> viewing and writing FPTs. Also, I thought block sizes were in units of 32 or
> 16 or 8 or 4 or 2 (lol).

Well the Flexfile 3 docs say the FOX default is 33 (changed when M$ bought it), the
SIXDRIVER/COMIX/FLEXFILE defaults are 64 bytes and can be set to 1-64 bytes (maybe larger, I'd have
to re-read the docs to be sure<g>).

--
HTH
Steve Quinn

Wed, 28 Dec 2005 14:01:01 GMT

1. Visual Foxpro via ODBC

2. How is Clarion compared to Visual Foxpro ?

3. Clarion 4 and Visual FoxPro ODBC

4. Problem Visual FoxPro using ODBC

5. Visual Foxpro

6. Visual FoxPro Tables

7. visual foxpro problems with c4b

8. Cant Import visual foxpro DBF to Clarion 55

9. Visual Foxpro via ODBC in C55

10. BUG: System Crash trying to import Visual Foxpro Data format (2nd Request)

11. BUG: System Crash trying to import Visual Foxpro Data format

12. Importing Data from Visual Foxpro