Windows NT 3.5 Illegal Instruction
Author Message
 Windows NT 3.5 Illegal Instruction

Hi there, everyone ...

We've got a Summer '87 app, linked using Blinker 3.10, that runs
just fine in:

- DOS 6.22
- DOS Box under Windows for Workgroups
- DOS Box under Windows 95 Final Beta

... but in the Windows NT Command Prompt, it gets an error box from
the MS-DOS 16-bit subsystem, saying "Illegal Instruction" together
with the current CS:IP values. The error seems pretty sensitive to
changes in the code: as an example, changing _exmgrab() and _exmfree()
to use malloc() and free() in our C code using the Extend system
seems to make the problem go away. Well, for now, anyway.

Has anyone else had this problem with NT Workstation 3.5?

Help !!!

--
- Matt Morris -

Wed, 29 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using Brequest with Windows NT 3.5 or 4.0

2. Error 4 in Personal REXX Under Windows NT 3.5

3. clipper & nt illegal instruction

4. CW 2003 and NT 3.5 (Golden Oldies)

5. VW2 connect to Oracle using Named Pipes (NT 3.5)

6. Cheap NT 3.5 Workstation edition

7. Anybody get MFCOBOL working on NT 3.5

8. How to install sybtcl in window NT 3.5

9. RB 3.5 and Windows NT2000 servers

10. BLT: the instruction order is surprisingly relevant ( BLT 2.4 tk 8.0.5 windows NT)

11. Illegal Instruction Workaround

12. Any illegal instruction processing interrupts?