Summer'87-Memory fault error
Author Message
 Summer'87-Memory fault error

Hi
I've a problem with Clipper S'87 and QEMM.

With DOS EMM386 memory managemment I'm able to dompile and link my
programs as I'm able to call and execute a RUN statement from within a
clipper program.
With QEMM's I can only compile recurring to a batch file (as for
direct compilation I get a  "line0:memory fault error" and I'm unable
to issue a RUN command (RUN error message).
I think that Clipper allocates EMS that as been pooled by QEMM and
that I must Exclude such memory from been pooled.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks
Joao Estevao

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Summer'87-Memory fault error

Quote:
>With DOS EMM386 memory managemment I'm able to dompile and link my
>programs as I'm able to call and execute a RUN statement from within a
>clipper program.
>With QEMM's I can only compile recurring to a batch file (as for
>direct compilation I get a  "line0:memory fault error" and I'm unable
>to issue a RUN command (RUN error message).
>I think that Clipper allocates EMS that as been pooled by QEMM and
>that I must Exclude such memory from been pooled.

I do not fully understand the question, but you might try setting the
clipper environment with

Set Clipper=e0,R150

The R150 sets aside memory for the run command.  I have set it as high as
R195 to get some programs to run.

Or you might try one of the products that swap clipper out of memory. I
still use Overlay for S'87 apps.

Mike M

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Summer'87:Line 0 -memory fault error

2. Can't open xxxx.DBF error in Summer '87

3. DOS Error 5 (FOPEN, Summer '87)

4. Summer '87 - Internal Error 92

5. Internal Error(0) in Summer '87

6. Summer '87 App doesn't remote print

7. Win '95/Summer '87

8. Out of Memory whilst indexing tables - Summer 87

9. Help Index Build Error 8 Summer 87

10. Clipper Summer 87 Internal Error 92

11. Clipper Summer 87 Application moved from 286 to Pentium Causing Errors

12. Clipper Summer 87 Application Moved from 286 to Pentium Causing Errors