http://groups.google.com/
Author Message
 http://groups.google.com/

Google has put the entire former Deja.com database back online at
http://www.*-*-*.com/
dating back to 1995 are available again. (I confirmed this by doing a
search for "Summer 87" in just comp.lang.clipper).

Fri, 17 Oct 2003 05:40:04 GMT
 http://groups.google.com/

Quote:
> Google has put the entire former Deja.com database back online at
> http://groups.google.com/ which means that comp.lang.clipper archives
> dating back to 1995 are available again. (I confirmed this by doing a
> search for "Summer 87" in just comp.lang.clipper).

I'm sure we've been getting posts about S87 this year, I know we had a few
last year. ;>

Seriously though, yeah, it's all back online. I managed to find one of my
first ever posts to Usenet. I'm a relative newcomer to Usenet, that post was
around April 1995, posted from the Dark Knight Returns GT-Power BBS (the
support BBS of Mr Debug).

I must fiddle with the VFAQ and friends this week to take advantage of the
changes at Goggle.

--
Dave Pearson                        |  OSLib - Timeslice release functions.
http://www.davep.org/               |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.

Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:15:53 GMT
 http://groups.google.com/

Quote:

> > Google has put the entire former Deja.com database back online at
> > http://groups.google.com/ which means that comp.lang.clipper archives
> > dating back to 1995 are available again. (I confirmed this by doing a
> > search for "Summer 87" in just comp.lang.clipper).

> I'm sure we've been getting posts about S87 this year, I know we had a few
> last year. ;>

> Seriously though, yeah, it's all back online. I managed to find one of my
> first ever posts to Usenet. I'm a relative newcomer to Usenet, that post
was
> around April 1995, posted from the Dark Knight Returns GT-Power BBS (the
> support BBS of Mr Debug).

> I must fiddle with the VFAQ and friends this week to take advantage of the
> changes at Goggle.

> --
> Dave Pearson                        |  OSLib - Timeslice release
functions.
> http://www.davep.org/               |     eg - Norton Guide reader for
Linux.
> http://www.davep.org/clipper/       |    weg - Norton Guide reader for
Windows.
> http://www.davep.org/norton-guides/ | dgscan - DGROUP scanner for Clipper.

Fri, 17 Oct 2003 20:39:38 GMT

1. click the link for the best google group http://groups-beta.google.com/group/boysworld

3. *WARNING - groups.google.com virus problem*

4. HTTP-Access2 problem (was Ruby Google problem)

5. Unable to load scripts/google.tcl (error: can't find package http)

6. Retrocomputing Museum Progress Report (http://compilers.iecc.com/comparch/arti

7. Don't read - just testing Google Groups posting

8. Google's new groups search engine

9. disappearing newsgroup on Google Groups

10. Reported to Google Groups Abuse [EOM]

11. Google Groups