Help DBFNTX/1003, Open error ??????.NTX ( Dos Error 4 )
Author Message
 Help DBFNTX/1003, Open error ??????.NTX ( Dos Error 4 )

Hi
  I am compiling using clipper 5.02 on a network, and compiling with
  pre-linked libraries. When I try to run my .EXE file without clipper
  installed I get the following error when it tries to open one of
  the last indexes
            DBFNTX/1003, Open error CRSDLVBL.NTX (Dos error 4)
  If I choose 'Default' the program continues normally. Also, if
  I install clipper into memory the problem is cured. I have been
  told that I could have a corrupted index (which I don't) or that
  I should try to compile without PLLs (which I'd prefer to avoid
  in order to save space). Any advice?
  Thanks in anticipation :)

     Regards
     Alan Abrahams

Sun, 09 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Help DBFNTX/1003, Open error ??????.NTX ( Dos Error 4 )
:             DBFNTX/1003, Open error CRSDLVBL.NTX (Dos error 4)

DOS Error 4 is 'Not Enough File Handles Available'. The index will not
have been opened and if records have been added or key fields have been
changed, it will be out of step with the DBF.

You need to increase the number of file handles available. Use the files=
command in CONFIG.SYS and make sure that you have an environment setting
similar to

            SET CLIPPER=//F:<nHandles>

for example,

           SET CLIPPER=//F:50

The SET CLIPPER setting can be 'burnt' into the EXE if you are using
Blinker (which you are obviously not).

Note that if you are shelling out of Windows to run your program, that is
another 12 or so file handles as a minimum.

:   If I choose 'Default' the program continues normally. Also, if
:   I install clipper into memory the problem is cured. I have been
:   told that I could have a corrupted index (which I don't) or that
:   I should try to compile without PLLs (which I'd prefer to avoid
:   in order to save space). Any advice?

KT

Sun, 09 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error DBFNTX/1003 DOS ERROR 55

2. Error DBFNTX/1003 and 1001, DOS Error 4 in Win 95

3. DBFNTX/1003 Dos Error 2

4. what is a DOS error code 170 DBFNTX/1001 open error =

5. Error DBFNTX/1003

6. Error DBFNTX/1003

7. DBFMDX/1003 open error

8. ERROR DBFNTX 1001 Flie open error

9. Error DBFNTX/1002 open error:

10. help! dbfntx/1011 write error -dos err 5

11. DBFNTX/1003 in clipper5.0

12. DBF Open Errors DOS ERROR 4