serial printing
Author Message
 serial printing

Hello,

I've downloaded some time ago the iolib from the oases site to use it
for serial printing. every attemt i made to let it work failed !!
so there is one thing to do destroi all evidence

is there someone who can help met started how to use the iolib for
printing labels with barcodes on a serial printer

i tried to contact the maker of the io lib by mail but he seems to be
removed to another mail adress cause i get an mail error.

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 serial printing

Quote:
>Hello,
>I've downloaded some time ago the iolib from the oases site to use it
>for serial printing. every attemt i made to let it work failed !!
>so there is one thing to do destroi all evidence
>is there someone who can help met started how to use the iolib for
>printing labels with barcodes on a serial printer
>i tried to contact the maker of the io lib by mail but he seems to be
>removed to another mail adress cause i get an mail error.

What version of Clipper are you using it with?

Are you overlaying it?

--

        Oasis WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
 Oasis WWW Mirror  http://www.enterconnex.com/oasis/

             Always remember you are unique...
               Just like everyone else!

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 serial printing

Quote:

> Hello,

> I've downloaded some time ago the iolib from the oases site to use it
> for serial printing. every attemt i made to let it work failed !!
> so there is one thing to do destroi all evidence

> is there someone who can help met started how to use the iolib for
> printing labels with barcodes on a serial printer

> i tried to contact the maker of the io lib by mail but he seems to be
> removed to another mail adress cause i get an mail error.

Appoligies in advance if this is an obvious question, but is the label
printer that you're attempting to print on a graphics-only thermal unit
or a true ascii printer? The low-end thermal label printers like the
Seiko SLP, Seiko II, Avery Personal Labelprinter, and most of the CoStar
printers require bitmapped data, not text, to be sent to them from DOS
applications.

Since you didn't really describe the manner in which your printing
attempt failed, I wondered if the I/O lib was at fault, or whether you
were just not feeding the printer correctly? (by way of introduction,
I'm the author of a library that supports text, images, and barcodes on
those printers, and I can tell you that it takes a lot of bit-mangling
to get it to happen! <g>)

Neil
MythoLogics

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 serial printing

Quote:
>Hello,

>I've downloaded some time ago the iolib from the oases site to use it
>for serial printing. every attemt i made to let it work failed !!
>so there is one thing to do destroi all evidence

>is there someone who can help met started how to use the iolib for
>printing labels with barcodes on a serial printer

>i tried to contact the maker of the io lib by mail but he seems to be
>removed to another mail adress cause i get an mail error.

Try with this:

MODE COM2:96,N,8,1
MODE LPT2:=COM2

and than you can print to LPT2

Jani Ravas

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Serial printing under Win 2000 / NT Ws

2. serial printing in clipper (windows 2000/xp)

3. Serial printing under Win 2000 / NT Ws

4. RE Clipper5 & Serial Printing

5. serial printing

6. How to stop Pg Brk when printing to File a list of serial numbers (C4)

7. using clacom to print to a serial printer

8. Need print on a serial printer

9. Print on serial port with Clipper 5.2

10. Printing to a serial port from XP

11. print to serial printer...??

12. Printing to serial printer within W9x