Clipper / VO FTP site
Author Message
 Clipper / VO FTP site

Does anyone know of any decent Clipper / VO FTP sites?

Integrated Business Support Pty Ltd   Ph    +617 3848 0399
123 Hyde Road                         Fax   +617 3848 8844

Australia
Quality software for the banking and finance industries

Fri, 10 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper / VO FTP site

Re: Clipper / VO FTP site

 II> Does anyone know of any decent Clipper / VO FTP sites?

try:
        ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper
or
        mf.cai.com      (Computer Associates ftp site)

Ciao.
Franco

============================----------------============================

Via Neri di Bicci 33                      FIDONet Franco Rossi 2:332/104
50142 FIRENZE - ITALY                     voice  (xx39) - 55 - 7332093
                           PGP Key available
    A computer usually works better, if you plug it in!  (Anonymous)
============================----------------============================

 --- MMMR v4.00reg

Sat, 11 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper / VO FTP site

Quote:

> >Make SURE you are not opening the file twice!  This will cause major
> >problems in Clipper!

> >Good Luck

> Another idea - if you use dBASE4 to change any numeric data in the
> file, that file will appear corrupted to CLIPPER programs.  Are
> you users using dBASE4 at all?  Or Maybe they're querying it with
> MS-EXCEL and inadvertently updating it?
> Hope this helps.
> Neil
> Integrated Business Support Pty Ltd   Ph    +617 3844 3699
> Unit 1B, 17 Peel Street               Fax   +617 3844 3192

> Australia                             http://brisbane.dialix.oz.au/~ibs
> Quality software for the banking and finance industries

Nobody at our sites has dBase IV.  They DO have Excel, but despite everyone
claiming that Excel does this kind of change as a matter of course, I can't
get Excel to do any such thing - it always writes the file back just fine
(and yes, I tried sorting on the field in question, etc.).  Lotus will
corrupt the file, but it will COMPLETELY corrupt it.  So will most memory
problems, BTW.  If the file header was trashed I'd have a pretty good idea
of what did it, but that's not the case at all.

Sun, 09 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper / VO FTP site

Quote:

This has been kicked around for a while now, any solution yet, Dan?

If it is still happening, have you contemplated enabling some sort of
auditing feature to determine who is accessing the database, when?
For Novell, there are some third-party packages that sound pretty
good.  For Lantastic, it may be built in.  What network are you
running?

Duncan

Fri, 14 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. My ftp site (ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper)

2. VO - Latest uploads to VO ftp site at ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/ibmpc/win3/apps/vo

3. VO ftp site file list update

4. VO ftp site file list update

5. New VO ftp site

6. VO ftp or web site????

7. Squeak FTP site established: ftp://ftp.create.ucsb.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak

8. Clipper FTP site?

9. Clipper 5.3a FTP site

10. Clipper FTP sites

11. Looking for CLipper FTP sites?