DOS workstation attaching to NT 4.0 server using Clipper 5.2.e
Author Message
 DOS workstation attaching to NT 4.0 server using Clipper 5.2.e

I am running Windows NT 4.0 Server.  I am connecting to it from a DOS PC
using the  DOS client provided by Microsoft. If I run my Clipper 5.2e app on
the local driver I have no problems.  If I run the app on a shared drive on
the server I get DOS error 19 in different places on both dbfs and ntxs.
The user has FULL CONTROL rights granted from the server Explorer.  I have
files=199 and buffers=20.  What could be the problem?

I can run the program successfully when I connect to the same server with an
NT workstation and a '95 workstation.

Another observation:  I got this error on an index file.  I immediately
tried to copy the file and was successful.  I also had re-indexed earlier in
the day to test file access.

Tue, 06 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DOS workstation attaching to NT 4.0 server using Clipper 5.2.e

On Fri, 19 Dec 1997 12:01:10 -0500, "Fred Rivenburg"

Quote:

>I am running Windows NT 4.0 Server.  I am connecting to it from a DOS PC
>using the  DOS client provided by Microsoft. If I run my Clipper 5.2e app on
>the local driver I have no problems.  If I run the app on a shared drive on
>the server I get DOS error 19 in different places on both dbfs and ntxs.
>The user has FULL CONTROL rights granted from the server Explorer.  I have
>files=199 and buffers=20.  What could be the problem?

>I can run the program successfully when I connect to the same server with an
>NT workstation and a '95 workstation.

Microsoft revealed a problem and a patch in the file locking and
buffer flushing on a '95 to NT server setup.

It is available on my www site in the patch area. I suspect that this
is your problem, and others here have commented recently that the
patch fixed this very problem.

Good Luck.

---

             WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
        FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

Seems to me that the same situation holds when forecasting
the aggregate effects of several billion embedded chips,
PCs, mainframes, and interlocking components of the
socio-economic inframumblestructure all hiccuping at
more-or-less the same time.

Ed Yourdon commenting on the inability to predict
the future regarding Y2K problems.

Wed, 07 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. DOS workstation attaching to NT 4.0 server running clipper 5.2e

2. DOS Error 55 using 5.2e/exospace/Win95 workstations/NT 4.0 server

3. Files under Windows NT Server 4.0 DOS ERROR 4 Clipper 5.2c

4. Nt 4.0 to DOS workstation

5. Problem with Clipper on NT Workstation 4.0

6. NT 4.0 Workstation and Clipper Apps and File Handles

7. clipper on win9x workstation & win nt server

8. Clipper program running on nT-server and W95/98 workstations

9. Problem with CLipper/Win′95 Workstation/win NT server (one SOLUTION)

10. Clipper on NT workstation -- DOS 4 error

11. reindexing from dos w/s on NT server 4.0

12. NT Server Slow, NT Workstation Fast