What is an NSX index file ?
Author Message
 What is an NSX index file ?

I have been asked to take over the maintenance of an app. written using
Clipper 5.2e.   The index files have NSX extensions and I am only familiar
with the standard Clipper RDD's.

Can anyone shed some light on what 3rd party add-in has been used.   Any
additional info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sat, 02 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 What is an NSX index file ?
On Tue, 15 Dec 1998 16:49:54 +0200, "Omega Decisions"

Quote:

>I have been asked to take over the maintenance of an app. written using
>Clipper 5.2e.   The index files have NSX extensions and I am only familiar
>with the standard Clipper RDD's.

>Can anyone shed some light on what 3rd party add-in has been used.   Any
>additional info would be greatly appreciated.

SIX driver came in two flavors. .CDX, for Fox compatibility, and .NSX,
which was faster but not widely used.

Also, there was a freeware release of SIXNSX, and I believe it is
still on my www site.

--

        Oasis WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
         FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

         Your willpower is the steering wheel and
      accelerator of what happens next in your life.

Sat, 02 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. cpu 100% while indexing nsx files.

2. CHEKSUMS for INDEX files? (.NSX)

3. NSX Index

4. Report generation and Sucessware's Six3 NSX indexes

5. Successware SIX3 NSX indexes

6. Which RDD prodices .NSX indexes?

7. What's a index ending with NSX ???

8. What's different about .NSX indices?

9. CDX Index file bloats up but shrink after re-indexing

10. Update an INDEXED FILE using SEQ FILE

11. indexed file format and data files- for cobol compilers

12. I am not deaf, but am I mute?