DBUSEAREA() Internal Error
Author Message
 DBUSEAREA() Internal Error

Hey all,

        Got a new one today.  I'm working on a reporting program for the
same utility set I've been working on.

        At a certain point of the program, it dies with the following error
message:

                        DBUSEAREA (0)  Internal Error 1255

        I've scanned all of the NG files I have and cannot find a reference
to this error.  Can anyone tell e what it is, what causes it, and where I
can find documentation on it?  The code it dies on is:

        Use (sia_path + 'excptemp') Alias OUTFILE Exclusive New

        It dies the *second* time it hits that code (that function is
called multiple times to produce multiple reports).  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Joel

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DBUSEAREA() Internal Error

Quote:
>    Use (sia_path + 'excptemp') Alias OUTFILE Exclusive New

>    It dies the *second* time it hits that code (that function is
> called multiple times to produce multiple reports).  Any ideas?

My guess would be that it's already open from the previous
attempt.

But, have no idea about the error 1255.  Are you sure it's
not 2155?  That one's listed.

Gene Weinbeck
Professional Support Software
publishers of the FundRaiser Family of donor management software

www.FundRaiserSoftware.com

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DBUSEAREA() Internal Error
Hi Joel,

I can't find any Internal Error 1255, but I do found Internal Error
2155.

[Start]
2155     Read error on index heading page

A read error occurred when reading the heading page of the index file,
or the header did not contain the NTX signature, or the macro compiler
returned a syntax error when attempting to compile the key expression.
[End]

Regards,
Wong

On 15 Jun 2000 20:59:01 GMT, "Joel N. Fischoff"

Quote:

>Hey all,

>    Got a new one today.  I'm working on a reporting program for the
>same utility set I've been working on.

>    At a certain point of the program, it dies with the following error
>message:

>                    DBUSEAREA (0)  Internal Error 1255

>    I've scanned all of the NG files I have and cannot find a reference
>to this error.  Can anyone tell e what it is, what causes it, and where I
>can find documentation on it?  The code it dies on is:

>    Use (sia_path + 'excptemp') Alias OUTFILE Exclusive New

>    It dies the *second* time it hits that code (that function is
>called multiple times to produce multiple reports).  Any ideas?

>Thanks in advance,

>Joel

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DBUSEAREA() Internal Error

Quote:

>>        Use (sia_path + 'excptemp') Alias OUTFILE Exclusive New

>>        It dies the *second* time it hits that code (that function is
>> called multiple times to produce multiple reports).  Any ideas?
> My guess would be that it's already open from the previous
> attempt.

My first thought too, but I do a dbcloseall() at the beginning of the
function.

Quote:
> But, have no idea about the error 1255.  Are you sure it's
> not 2155?  That one's listed.

Yep, it's 1255.  I think I know what's causing it, though.  I'm using
COMIX, and when I open a database in COMIX, it automagically looks for
an index file of the same name and opens it.  Problem is - one of the
next things I'm doing is creating an index ... with that name.

So, I now have the code erasing the .CDX file before starting and I
*think* it's working now.

Joel

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DBUSEAREA() Internal Error

Quote:

> Hey all,

>                         DBUSEAREA (0)  Internal Error 1255

I've found, as Wong pointed out, that most "internal" errors have to do
with index corruption.  Of course, Your message didn't mention using an
index file, but if you are, try deleting the .NTX file then re-creating
it.

The best way to avoid this problem (if that's what it is) is to be sure
to have ALL index files open whenever writing to the table.

--
Paul Van House
Binx Custom Software

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DBUSEAREA() Internal Error
Domb question, why would you want to recreate the index file every time, ????

Quote:

>>        Use (sia_path + 'excptemp') Alias OUTFILE Exclusive New

>>        It dies the *second* time it hits that code (that function is
>> called multiple times to produce multiple reports).  Any ideas?
> My guess would be that it's already open from the previous
> attempt.

My first thought too, but I do a dbcloseall() at the beginning of the
function.

Quote:
> But, have no idea about the error 1255.  Are you sure it's
> not 2155?  That one's listed.

Yep, it's 1255.  I think I know what's causing it, though.  I'm using
COMIX, and when I open a database in COMIX, it automagically looks for
an index file of the same name and opens it.  Problem is - one of the
next things I'm doing is creating an index ... with that name.

So, I now have the code erasing the .CDX file before starting and I
*think* it's working now.

Joel

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DBUSEAREA() Internal Error
Domb question, why would you want to recreate the index file every time, ????

Quote:

>>        Use (sia_path + 'excptemp') Alias OUTFILE Exclusive New

>>        It dies the *second* time it hits that code (that function is
>> called multiple times to produce multiple reports).  Any ideas?
> My guess would be that it's already open from the previous
> attempt.

My first thought too, but I do a dbcloseall() at the beginning of the
function.

Quote:
> But, have no idea about the error 1255.  Are you sure it's
> not 2155?  That one's listed.

Yep, it's 1255.  I think I know what's causing it, though.  I'm using
COMIX, and when I open a database in COMIX, it automagically looks for
an index file of the same name and opens it.  Problem is - one of the
next things I'm doing is creating an index ... with that name.

So, I now have the code erasing the .CDX file before starting and I
*think* it's working now.

Joel

Tue, 03 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DBUSEAREA() Internal Error
Here it is :

 1255    Damaged index header

     Explanation:  This is caused by an index key expression greater than
     255 characters.

     Action:  Recreate the index file, not exceeding the key expression
     limit.

     See Also:  "CA-Clipper Technical Specifications" appendix, check
     third party documentation.

Best regards,

Miguel Oliveira

Tue, 03 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DBUSEAREA() Internal Error
If it's any help, cmxAutoOpen() will get/set the automatic opening of the
index when the table is opened.

Quote:

> >> Use (sia_path + 'excptemp') Alias OUTFILE Exclusive New

> >> It dies the *second* time it hits that code (that function is
> >> called multiple times to produce multiple reports).  Any ideas?

> > My guess would be that it's already open from the previous
> > attempt.

> My first thought too, but I do a dbcloseall() at the beginning of the
> function.

> > But, have no idea about the error 1255.  Are you sure it's
> > not 2155?  That one's listed.

> Yep, it's 1255.  I think I know what's causing it, though.  I'm using
> COMIX, and when I open a database in COMIX, it automagically looks for
> an index file of the same name and opens it.  Problem is - one of the
> next things I'm doing is creating an index ... with that name.

> So, I now have the code erasing the .CDX file before starting and I
> *think* it's working now.

> Joel

Wed, 04 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DBUSEAREA() Internal Error
If it's any help, cmxAutoOpen() will get/set the automatic opening of the
index when the table is opened.

Quote:

> >> Use (sia_path + 'excptemp') Alias OUTFILE Exclusive New

> >> It dies the *second* time it hits that code (that function is
> >> called multiple times to produce multiple reports).  Any ideas?

> > My guess would be that it's already open from the previous
> > attempt.

> My first thought too, but I do a dbcloseall() at the beginning of the
> function.

> > But, have no idea about the error 1255.  Are you sure it's
> > not 2155?  That one's listed.

> Yep, it's 1255.  I think I know what's causing it, though.  I'm using
> COMIX, and when I open a database in COMIX, it automagically looks for
> an index file of the same name and opens it.  Problem is - one of the
> next things I'm doing is creating an index ... with that name.

> So, I now have the code erasing the .CDX file before starting and I
> *think* it's working now.

> Joel

Wed, 04 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DBUSEAREA() Internal Error
+--- Clipper 5.2c ? Anomalies & IE's v0.99 ? Display ? Internal Errors ?
... --+

Internal Error # 1255
Damaged Index Header

Internal Error 1255 could possibly be a damaged Index header.

Any index key expression greater than 255 characters will create the error.

Fri, 06 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DBUSEAREA() Internal Error

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
 Internal Error # 1255
 Damaged Index Header
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

 Internal Error 1255 could possibly be a damaged Index header.

 Any index key expression greater than 255 characters will create the
 error.

Quote:
> Hey all,

> Got a new one today.  I'm working on a reporting program for the
> same utility set I've been working on.

> At a certain point of the program, it dies with the following error
> message:

> DBUSEAREA (0)  Internal Error 1255

> I've scanned all of the NG files I have and cannot find a reference
> to this error.  Can anyone tell e what it is, what causes it, and where I
> can find documentation on it?  The code it dies on is:

> Use (sia_path + 'excptemp') Alias OUTFILE Exclusive New

> It dies the *second* time it hits that code (that function is
> called multiple times to produce multiple reports).  Any ideas?

> Thanks in advance,

> Joel

Fri, 06 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DBUSEAREA() Internal Error

Quote:

> DBUSEAREA (0)  Internal Error 1255

1255 means "Damaged Index Header" according to the CA-Clipper 5.3 "Error
Messages" NG file (it's under "Runtime Unrecoverable Error Messages").
--
David G. Holm

Fri, 06 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DBUSEAREA() Internal Error

Quote:

>>Domb question, why would you want to recreate the index file every time, ????

Because it's a 'filtered' index.  By which I mean that the Index command
has a FOR clause in it.

Joel

Sat, 21 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DBUSEAREA() Internal Error
As far as I know FOR indexes are maintained, so there is no need to rebuild
them.
Only WHILE indexes are not maintained. That is... in clipper 5.3

Joop Muis

Quote:

> >>Domb question, why would you want to recreate the index file every time,
????

> Because it's a 'filtered' index.  By which I mean that the Index command
> has a FOR clause in it.

> Joel

Sat, 21 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

 [ 17 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. dbusearea() Internal Error 1010

2. RDD Error DBCMD /1015 ARGUMENT ERROR DBUSEAREA

3. clipper 5.01 -> 5.3 : Argument error: DBUSEAREA

4. DBCMD/1015 Argument error: DBUSEAREA

5. Errors with dbUseArea(), dbCreate(), fOpen(), etc.

6. fatal error: internal error

7. Clarion 5.5RC2 ..error 513 - Internal Error 13

8. Error (513) Internal error (13)

9. Error (513): Internal Error 13

10. Run Time Error - Internal Error

11. runtime error (internal error)