Clipper applications running on WinCE
Author Message
 Clipper applications running on WinCE

Hi,

This a bit of a newbie question...  I've never really touched Clipper
before, but am looking at porting an existing app running on a DOS
based handheld computer to run under a DOS emulator on a WinCE device.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?  Could anyone
point me in the right direction of where to start.

Thanks,

J.
--

Fri, 25 Feb 2005 23:11:59 GMT
 Clipper applications running on WinCE

Mike

Fri, 25 Feb 2005 23:32:46 GMT
 Clipper applications running on WinCE
Jason,

I have used pocketDOS for PocketPC version 1.04 using simple clipper
applications, and they run perfectly fine... I have also edited
applications on the pocketpc using MultiEdit and it works perfect... I
haven't tried to compile a program on a PocketPC.

Jason, my guess is you can write/compile your application on a PC then
put it into a wince/pocketpc handheld using PocketDOS, if it is not
very complicated should be working fine... also, you can emulate the
mouse on PocketPC, so there should be no problem to create "touch"
applications on clipper.

I just discovered all this and I'm very e{*filter*}d with the possibilities
when tryin to port your current applications to handhelds.

Miguel Borbolla

Quote:

> Hi,

> This a bit of a newbie question...  I've never really touched Clipper
> before, but am looking at porting an existing app running on a DOS
> based handheld computer to run under a DOS emulator on a WinCE device.

> Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?  Could anyone
> point me in the right direction of where to start.

> Thanks,

> J.
> --

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 07:00:21 GMT

1. tcl/tk can run on winCE ?

2. Running Clipper Application under Windows NT

3. Clipper Application Not Run On Windows NT 4.0

4. running clipper application in directory shared on W2k Server

5. Clipper App causes other applications to run very slowly in Windows NT and 98

6. Clipper App causes other applications to run very slowly in Windows NT and 98

7. Start Windows application from Clipper with RUN

8. Problem running Clipper Application

9. NT performance reduction with Clipper application running

10. Run a clipper application under NT

11. Clipper 5.3 - Error rebuilding application catalog on running workbench

12. Running a clipper application with a winframe machine