What's difference between Windows 3.1 dans Windows 95
Author Message
 What's difference between Windows 3.1 dans Windows 95

When I run my FiveWin program more than 3 times under Windows 3.1, the system
fails. But, under Windows 95, It run correctly. WHY ???

PS: my program is 1.2mo long and uses Its own .dll (for the dialogs,...) and
loads Bwcc.dll.

Tue, 06 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 What's difference between Windows 3.1 dans Windows 95

Quote:

> When I run my FiveWin program more than 3 times under Windows 3.1, the
system
> fails. But, under Windows 95, It run correctly. WHY ??? PS: my program is
1.2mo long
> and uses Its own .dll (for the dialogs,...) and  loads Bwcc.dll.

Does it unload BWCC.DLL and other resources?

--
Jovan Bulajic
Belgrade, Yugoslavia

Tue, 06 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 What's difference between Windows 3.1 dans Windows 95

Quote:

>When I run my FiveWin program more than 3 times under Windows 3.1, the system
>fails. But, under Windows 95, It run correctly. WHY ???

Well, probably you use resources you do not free... Win 3.1 does not
free them itself, so in the end it crashes... Win32 does free
resources after application execution itself (but beware... Win95 only
free resources when the WHOLE 16 bit subsystem is not running
anymore... so do not rely on the freeing of resources... when the user
runs another 16 bit app, it crashes anyway)

Quote:
>PS: my program is 1.2mo long and uses Its own .dll (for the dialogs,...) and
>loads Bwcc.dll.

Wilko van der Ploeg
ATDT Consultancy
The Netherlands
homepage : http://www.xs4all.nl/~atdt (company)
           http://www.xs4all.nl/~wjp  (private)

Wed, 07 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 What's difference between Windows 3.1 dans Windows 95

Quote:

> When I run my FiveWin program more than 3 times under Windows 3.1, the system fails. But, under Windows 95, It run correctly. WHY ???

Are you running 3 instances or run-exit-run-exit-run-exit?
From my FiveWin Docs, it says you can only execute the executable(eg.
prog.exe) one time in any situation(-it is not multi-user). I'm
surprised the second instance does not crash.
Anybody know "for sure" differently?

Allen

Thu, 08 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Windows 3.1 to Windows '95

2. Help : REXX, from Windows 3.1 to Windows 95

3. Queries re MicroFocus Personal COBOL for Windows 3.1/Windows 95

4. 32 bit Fortran for Windows 3.1, NT and Windows 95

5. Running Fortran application as a DOS Windows under Windows 3.1 or 95

6. Oberon under Windows 3.1 or Win '95

7. looking for wbpro for vse 3.1 (on windows 95)

8. Win 95 vs Windows 3.1

9. Clarion 2.1 & 3.1 and Windows 95

10. Installing Clipper program in Windows 3.1/95

11. System Information under Windows 3.1 & 95

12. Best free VRML editor for windows 3.1 or 95