VO1: data corruption on novell netware
Author Message
 VO1: data corruption on novell netware

We've been using VO1 for over a year now, and have kept up with the
updates, patches, etc. For all this time, we've been experiencing data
corruptions, ie where memos are saved into records that are curently
being worked on by someone else. Naturally, this concerns us somewhat.

We've talked to Tech Support, who have been very helpful, but we still
have the same problem. There is nothing obviously wrong with the way
we are using the language.

The question I want to ask is this: are we the only people having this
problem? Has anyone else written a similar app (ie tables & indexes on
Novell Netware server, fairly simple relations and with memos in one
tabel) that works perfectly?

The reason I'm asking is that we gave ourselves a cut-off point of the
end of Feb. to decide whether the VO app. was ever going to work, and
if not, then try and see what to use instead.

Any comments gratefully received.

TIA

Paul.
Expressed opinions are usually my own.
Especially if they're any good (of course).

Sun, 15 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clipper/Novell data file corruption HELP!!!!

2. file corruption w/ cpd 2.1 2110 and netware under windows 95

3. WIN2K, Netware 5, Clipper=Corruption?

4. Read error / Corruption detected while running on Netware drive

5. Read Error / Corruption Detected On Netware Drive

6. Strange Corruption in Netware 4.1

7. RM COBOL, Netware, and file corruption

8. RM COBOL, Netware, and file corruption

9. Novell Netware

10. Clipper program, Novell Netware, and Win98

11. Clipper, Novell 4.2 and Microsoft Client for Netware Networks

12. Clipper and Novell Netware 3.x