Problems with a DBT file (MEMO, fields)
Author Message
 Problems with a DBT file (MEMO, fields)

Hi,

In an application with several years working well, suddenly, MEMO
fields lost their contents, or truncate, or change it with the ones in
other fields.

Yes, although may be very rarely, it's true.

I think, may be a link problem between DBF and the DBT file. Could it
be?

What can I do?

Regards, from Spain.
Alz.

Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:56:11 GMT
 Problems with a DBT file (MEMO, fields)
Hi,

In an application with several years working well, suddenly, MEMO
fields lost their contents, or truncate, or change it with the ones in
other fields.

Yes, although may be very rarely, it's true.

I think, may be a link problem between DBF and the DBT file. Could it
be?

What can I do?

Regards, from Spain.
Alz.

Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:56:08 GMT
 Problems with a DBT file (MEMO, fields)

Are the memo files ~32Meg in size??
If so you need to remove the bloat (ie deleted records) to recover filespace

If they're aleady corrupted then you'll nee a tool like dSalvage Pro to fix
them (that's if you want to recover the data), you'll need to do this before
you remove deleted records though.

To remove deleted records and the memo data do something like the following
(a PACK doesn't cut it<g>)

function main()
    USE x
    COPY TO y FOR ! DELETED()
    CLOSE
return nil

If your memo files are getting this big then you might look at an
alternative RDD which uses more compact mechanisms to store the data and use
greater filesizes (>2Gig)
    Eg FLEXFILE, COMIX, DBFCDX, SIXDRIVER

--
HTH
Steve Quinn

Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:59:02 GMT
 Problems with a DBT file (MEMO, fields)
On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 16:59:02 +1000, "Stephen Quinn"

Quote:

>Are the memo files ~32Meg in size??
>If so you need to remove the bloat (ie deleted records) to recover filespace

or even 16mb with Summer '87 (earlier version).  The easy way to clear
the bloat is to

use   xxx.dbf
copy to yyy.dbf for .not. deleted()

Delete and rename the dbf and dbt as appropriate.

---------
TonyL

Mon, 13 Dec 2004 16:58:29 GMT
 Problems with a DBT file (MEMO, fields)
Hi,

If your DBF file has more then 65534 records you may notice:
Record #65535 memo field value = ?
Record #65536 memo field value = ?
Record #65537 memo field value = Record #1 memo field value
Record #65538 memo field value = Record #2 memo field value
Record #65539 memo field value = Record #3 memo field value
You can use DBFCDX, but it requires more memory.

Sinisa Mitrovic

Quote:
>Hi,

>In an application with several years working well, suddenly, MEMO
>fields lost their contents, or truncate, or change it with the ones in
>other fields.

>Yes, although may be very rarely, it's true.

>I think, may be a link problem between DBF and the DBT file. Could it
>be?

>What can I do?

>Regards, from Spain.
>Alz.

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 09:23:18 GMT

1. memo fields - dbt file

2. DBT/Memo field problems

3. Clipper 5.2e And Delphi 5.0 using .DBT memo files

4. .dbt memo files

5. Memo/DBT problems

6. Problem Converting Clipper File with Memo Field to Topspeed

7. Memo field problem in csv file

8. DBT memo problem

9. Problem with hot field display of a memo field

10. Pervasive.SQL accessing Btrieve files with memo fields?

11. memo field to text file?

12. MEMO FIELD TO STING: Then add strings as records to item file