Professional Clipper Programmer needed-Very Short-Term
Author Message
 Professional Clipper Programmer needed-Very Short-Term

Expert Clipper Programmer Needed

Short-term Project, remote.
I prefer to work with someone in the DC Metro Area.

I'm looking for a truly professional Clipper programmer.

I have a business application currently being written in Clipper for DOS.
It deals with multiple concurrent incoming and outgoing faxes.
Hardware--486 DX/4-100 with 16MB RAM, and a SatisFaxtion 4-Port
CAS modem (I-3 CAS Developer's toolkit available).

Admin functions include Client and Recipient Databases,
Invoicing, and reports to Screen, Printer, and Fax.  Will
be able to Print Avery Labels, mail-merge, and easily manipulate
databases.

I am basically looking for someone who can quickly finish up
a project that is several months overdue, and almost completed.
My current programmer keeps committing to a finish date, and not
delivering.  I need for you to evaluate the task, have time now
to devote to it's completion, and understand that the due date
has to be soon, and has to be firm.  Because of the nature of
this situation, you will not have any copyrights.

When I say quickly finish up, I mean in a few days.  You have to
be able to look at the code and understand it.  There's not much
left to do, but you will probably need a small arsenal of tools
to alter some of the graphics forms and work with the output
options.  Third party companies include Pure Data (makers of the
SatisFaxtion 4000 CAS Modem) and Instant Information Inc. (who's
drivers for the 4000 we are using, which are in Beta testing.)
I am getting a lot of cooperation from both companies.

If you have a day job, this will not work.
If you are not 100% reachable, as I am, this will not work.
If you have trouble carrying out what you commit to, this will
not work.
If you doubt your ability, sorry, but please do not respond.  I
haven't got the time.
If it sounds like I'm a real jerk, I'm not, I just am "backed into
a corner."  If you are, sorry, but please do not respond :)

This really is a crisis situation, and if you pull me through,
you will be well rewarded.  Moderate pay upon completion, bonuses
will follow later.  I have a working business with several paying
clients, and this software is needed to make it work.  I need
someone with a lot of talent and a lot of integrity.

If you can do this (I'm asking a lot,) call me at (703) 271-5373.
Pager, (202) 515-3695.

Late evening is when I'm most reachable.  If I'm out,
leave a message and I will call you back.

Thank you.
Christian Naef

Thu, 12 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Professional Clipper Programmer needed-Very Short-Term

Quote:

> Expert Clipper Programmer Needed

> Short-term Project, remote.
> databases.

> I am basically looking for someone who can quickly finish up
> a project that is several months overdue, and almost completed.

Which usually means, I don't want to pay too much!

Quote:

> When I say quickly finish up, I mean in a few days.  You have to
> be able to look at the code and understand it.  There's not much
> left to do,

Which usually means, I don't want to pay too much!

Quote:
> This really is a crisis situation, and if you pull me through,
> you will be well rewarded.  Moderate pay upon completion, bonuses
> will follow later.

Which usually means, I don't want to pay too much!

Best of luck...

--

Pete Clark                          Don't worry - be stupid <:-}

Fri, 13 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Professional Clipper Programmer needed-Very Short-Term
I can just wiggle my fingers over my keyboard and your
program will be finished. "Finishing" someone elses overdue
overbudget project is a daunting task. An expert, like
me, would not touch it for all of Bill Gates money.

Tue, 17 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Programmer needed, short term

2. NWFL-Employment-Embedded Ada Programmers for Short/Long Term Projects

3. Clipper project -- short term -- NYC/LI area

4. Clipper consultant -- NYC/LI area -- short term

5. TCL/Tk consultant needed - short term - Northern VA

6. long = short*short ; (short,short) = long/short

7. I need your advice - Professional Smalltalk programmer

8. Need CLIPPER 5.x (DOS) programmer for maintaining Clipper programs

9. Clipper programmer needs help - Have outgrown Clipper 5x variable length

10. I need a term prg in clipper

11. Need Help in CT - where to look for Clipper Professionals

12. Short term, remote MVS project