four digit year in datefield possible ???
Author Message
 four digit year in datefield possible ???

Is there a way to create/manipulate a date field in a database (using
dbase 3 or 4 or 5) in such a way that it contains a four digit year in
stead of the standard two digit year : eg. 23-04-1998 in stead of
23-04-98 ??
Is clipper 5.3 able to handle this kind of datefield ?
I'm curious wether it is possible or not and if so, how.... The reason
is obvious.

Pim Rijkes
The Netherlands

Sat, 09 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 four digit year in datefield possible ???

Quote:
> Is there a way to create/manipulate a date field in a database (using
> dbase 3 or 4 or 5) in such a way that it contains a four digit year in
> stead of the standard two digit year : eg. 23-04-1998 in stead of
> 23-04-98 ??
> Is clipper 5.3 able to handle this kind of datefield ?
> I'm curious wether it is possible or not and if so, how.... The reason
> is obvious.

Make a search on www.dejanews.com before to ask something !
AND : have a look first on the Clipper Norton Guide or documentation.

The answer is yes.
Clipper (and dBase) ALWAYS store the date field as yyyymmdd, whatever the
way it is displayed.

To display it with 4 digits, just put
SET DATE FORMAT TO "dd/mm/yyyy"
SET CENTURY ON

--
Sebastien

Sat, 09 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 four digit year in datefield possible ???

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998 10:14:18 +0100, Ghostrider

Quote:

>Is there a way to create/manipulate a date field in a database (using
>dbase 3 or 4 or 5) in such a way that it contains a four digit year in
>stead of the standard two digit year : eg. 23-04-1998 in stead of
>23-04-98 ??
>Is clipper 5.3 able to handle this kind of datefield ?
>I'm curious wether it is possible or not and if so, how.... The reason
>is obvious.

Please see my www page on this subject:

http://www.iag.net/~philb/clipy2k.htm

--

             WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
      WWW Mirror  http://www.enterconnex.com/oasis/

      I'd rather write code that writes code than write code!

Sat, 09 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 four digit year in datefield possible ???

Quote:
> Is there a way to create/manipulate a date field in a database (using
> dbase 3 or 4 or 5) in such a way that it contains a four digit year in
> stead of the standard two digit year : eg. 23-04-1998 in stead of
> 23-04-98 ??
> Is clipper 5.3 able to handle this kind of datefield ?

Yes, as easy as "SET CENTURY ON"

--
Johan Nel
Project Manager:Forestry Systems

Tel: +27-12-4813683
Fax: +27-12-8043716

Sat, 09 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Four Position Year

2. Ruby will overtake Python within four years.

3. How can I get the Date with 4-digit year

4. 4-digit year in ACCEPT

5. Can Cobol recognize the year as 4 digits?

6. Y2K - 3 digit years in 2 bytes

7. 4-digit year support with VS COBOL II - rather than COBOL for this-and-that

8. IDATE returns 2 or 4 digits for Year?

9. Exporting datefield to dbf-file Cl 2.0 to db3

10. IWidgets datefield & dateentry

11. iwidgets::datefield -gmt option?