clipper 5.2 and WNT/W2000
Author Message
 clipper 5.2 and WNT/W2000

Hi,

I have a problem with a database written with clipper 5.2.
The program has an executable DOS which should run on a PC network base on
WINDOWS NT or WINDOWS 2000.
It actually works in W98.
The problem is that the server after different logins from various PC in the
network goes stuck.
I have been told that it is because clipper runs with 16 bit while WNT
runs 32 bit.

If this is the cause how do I convert the executable the safest and quickest
way.
Othewise what can I do?

I hope somebody can help me. Thanks and byby.

Daniel.

Mon, 01 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 clipper 5.2 and WNT/W2000

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have a problem with a database written with clipper 5.2.
> The program has an executable DOS which should run on a PC network base on
> WINDOWS NT or WINDOWS 2000.
> It actually works in W98.
> The problem is that the server after different logins from various PC in
the
> network goes stuck.
> I have been told that it is because clipper runs with 16 bit while WNT
> runs 32 bit.

> If this is the cause how do I convert the executable the safest and
quickest
> way.
> Othewise what can I do?

> I hope somebody can help me. Thanks and byby.

> Daniel.

Mon, 01 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 clipper 5.2 and WNT/W2000
If you are running the DOS from your server you will have one or more ntvdm
processes running which after the job has ended will continue to run & take
all CPU time which obviously could cause "the network to get stuck".

Try running the executable from each PC using the NT purely as a file
server.

Martin

Quote:

>Hi,

>I have a problem with a database written with clipper 5.2.
>The program has an executable DOS which should run on a PC network base on
>WINDOWS NT or WINDOWS 2000.
>It actually works in W98.
>The problem is that the server after different logins from various PC in
the
>network goes stuck.
>I have been told that it is because clipper runs with 16 bit while WNT
>runs 32 bit.

>If this is the cause how do I convert the executable the safest and
quickest
>way.
>Othewise what can I do?

>I hope somebody can help me. Thanks and byby.

>Daniel.

Tue, 02 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Reading from COM1: (Clipper S'87 or Clipper 5.2)

2. Clipper 5.01a->Clipper 5.2 or 5.3

3. Clipper Tools and Clipper 5.2 upgrade

4. clipper 5.2 + Clipper Tools + PII 300 Mhz = PROBLEMS

5. reindex in clipper 5.2 & clipper 5.3

6. Btrieve with Clipper 5.2 & Clipper 5.3

7. have Clipper 5.2 and Clipper tools to trade

8. help clipper w95 wnt

9. aiuto clipper w95 e wnt

10. Clipper 5.2 avail

11. Clipper 5.2 and Windows NT?