ORDCREATE(0) Unrecoverable error 24: write error
Author Message
 ORDCREATE(0) Unrecoverable error 24: write error

I'm running into an error "ORDCREATE(0) Unrecoverable error 24: write error"
when a program I'm working on tries to index a file.  It's using the regular
DBFNTX RDD.  This error doesn't always happen, but what does happen every
time I try to index this file is "garabage characters" go across the screen.
Sometimes I'll get the error, other times not.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jesse

Sat, 03 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ORDCREATE(0) Unrecoverable error 24: write error
On Tue, 15 Sep 1998 13:38:54 -0400, "Jesse Castleberry"

Quote:

>I'm running into an error "ORDCREATE(0) Unrecoverable error 24: write error"

Extracted from the .ng:

24 Write error

Explanation:  This error occurs when a CA-Clipper application is
unable to write a database file or index to disk.

Action:  Check to make sure that sufficient disk space and directory
entries are available.  Make sure the file is not marked read-only.

In a network environment, make sure the application has the necessary
rights to write to the file.  For more information, refer to the
Networ Programming chapter in the Programming and Utilities guide.

Sat, 03 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Unrecoverable error 24: Write error -- Win 95 only

2. Unrecoverable error 24: write error

3. Help - Unrecoverable error 24

4. Unrecoverable Error 24

5. Help! Write error # 24

6. Clipper and Write Error 24

7. Error ORDCREATE(0) Internal error 8002 with indexeing

8. (b)INITHANDL$ (0) Unrecoverable error 650: Error.

9. Error DBFCDX/1011 Write Error DOS ERROR 6

10. Windows error 24

11. Unknown error Posted: #24 on C5CLWX.EXE

12. Unknown DOS Error 24