Barcode printing in Clipper 5.2e + ETen 3.52
Author Message
 Barcode printing in Clipper 5.2e + ETen 3.52

Hello, Everybody,
Recently, I have written a  Barcode Printing subroutine in Clipper 5.2e
which run on ET 3.52.

The summary of my subroutine as follow :

FUNC Bar39(cStr)
   code
Return rval

** where rval is the HP laser control code barcode string of cStr

FUNC ETBAR39(nVpos, nHpos, message)
local cLen := trim(str(len(message)))
Set console off
Set device to print

set print off
set device to screen
set console on
Return NIL

Although it is successfully to print barcode perfectly, when I exit my
program,it always display "Memory allocation error, cannot load COMMAND,
system halt" unless I omit the ET print command "~Y" but it will make me
can't print barcode.

I only know the HP laser control code method for printer barcode,
Please tell me how can I use ET print command to print barcode. I can't
find it in my ET user guide.  Please give me any advice.

Sun, 01 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Barcode printing in Clipper 5.2e + ETen 3.52

Quote:

> Hello, Everybody,
> Recently, I have written a  Barcode Printing subroutine in Clipper 5.2e
> which run on ET 3.52.

> The summary of my subroutine as follow :

> FUNC Bar39(cStr)
>    code
> Return rval

> ** where rval is the HP laser control code barcode string of cStr

> FUNC ETBAR39(nVpos, nHpos, message)
> local cLen := trim(str(len(message)))
> Set console off
> Set device to print
> set print on

> set print off
> set device to screen
> set console on
> Return NIL

> Although it is successfully to print barcode perfectly, when I exit my
> program,it always display "Memory allocation error, cannot load COMMAND,
> system halt" unless I omit the ET print command "~Y" but it will make me
> can't print barcode.

> I only know the HP laser control code method for printer barcode,
> Please tell me how can I use ET print command to print barcode. I can't
> find it in my ET user guide.  Please give me any advice..

?? "~Y" + clen + Bar39(message) + ";"

OR
DEVPOS( nVpos, nHpos)
DEVOUT( "~Y" + clen + Bar39(message) + ";")

both do the same, but who knows, could fix your problem.
Also try using overlays in your program where you can.
I get the same error intermitten on one machine in the
company but I shut it down only once a day, so it does not
bother me.
                                Bruce

Sun, 01 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Barcode printing in Clipper 5.2e + ETen 3.52

Quote:

> > Hello, Everybody,
> > Recently, I have written a  Barcode Printing subroutine in Clipper 5.2e
> > which run on ET 3.52.

> > The summary of my subroutine as follow :

> > FUNC Bar39(cStr)
> >    code
> > Return rval

> > ** where rval is the HP laser control code barcode string of cStr

> > FUNC ETBAR39(nVpos, nHpos, message)
> > local cLen := trim(str(len(message)))
> > Set console off
> > Set device to print
> > set print on

> > set print off
> > set device to screen
> > set console on
> > Return NIL

> > Although it is successfully to print barcode perfectly, when I exit my
> > program,it always display "Memory allocation error, cannot load COMMAND,
> > system halt" unless I omit the ET print command "~Y" but it will make me
> > can't print barcode.

> > I only know the HP laser control code method for printer barcode,
> > Please tell me how can I use ET print command to print barcode. I can't
> > find it in my ET user guide.  Please give me any advice..
> Try this

> ?? "~Y" + clen + Bar39(message) + ";"

> OR
> DEVPOS( nVpos, nHpos)
> DEVOUT( "~Y" + clen + Bar39(message) + ";")

> both do the same, but who knows, could fix your problem.
> Also try using overlays in your program where you can.
> I get the same error intermitten on one machine in the
> company but I shut it down only once a day, so it does not
> bother me.
>                                 Bruce

I found that the problem not caused by Clipper!
I redirect all output to a txt file and exit to DOS, No{*filter*} again
However when I print the txt file to printer under ET3.52, it hangs.
So The problem was caused by ET3.52.

Tue, 03 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Eten Chinese System 3.52, Clipper 5.2e, Exospace 1.0g, Clipper Tools 3.0b Problem

2. BarCode library for clipper 5.2e

3. Printing Barcodes on HP printer using Escape 4.0 Library and Clipper

4. Barcode printing in Clipper

5. Barcode printing for Clipper Summer 87

6. Printing in Windows2000 with clipper 5.2e

7. Clipper 5.2e Netware 3.x print W2000

8. DOS printing with Clipper 5.2e & Win2000

9. Windows ONLY printers and Clipper 5.2e print routines

10. clipper 5.2e win95 dosbox printing

11. clipper 5.2e dosbox win 95 printing slow

12. Print Graphic Logo in Clipper 5.2e