What causes 'Internal error 5333'?
Author Message
 What causes 'Internal error 5333'?

Quote:

>I know this is like the worlds most common Clipper problem and question,
>but I've never investigated why this error occurs, and it is not logged
>in the norton guides. I am getting this error infrequently when loading
>up a modified tbrowse from a DBF. No idea why or how to get rid of it.

First, be sure you are upgraded to 5.2e.

---

                       WWW   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~philb/
                  FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

Sun, 07 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 What causes 'Internal error 5333'?

I know this is like the worlds most common Clipper problem and question,
but I've never investigated why this error occurs, and it is not logged
in the norton guides. I am getting this error infrequently when loading
up a modified tbrowse from a DBF. No idea why or how to get rid of it.

Any ideas?

Sun, 07 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 What causes 'Internal error 5333'?

Quote:

> I know this is like the worlds most common Clipper problem and question,
> but I've never investigated why this error occurs, and it is not logged
> in the norton guides. I am getting this error infrequently when loading
> up a modified tbrowse from a DBF. No idea why or how to get rid of it.

> Any ideas?

Paul :

What version did you use to compile/link the application ?
And what RDD ?
Earlier 5.2 had bugs in RDD and TBrowse().
Can you quote me your code fragment ?

--
Andi Jahja
Jakarta, INDONESIA

Sat, 13 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 What causes 'Internal error 5333'?

Quote:
> Paul :

> What version did you use to compile/link the application ?
> And what RDD ?
> Earlier 5.2 had bugs in RDD and TBrowse().
> Can you quote me your code fragment ?
> Andi Jahja

It's rather humungous code, so maybe we should avoid that. I am using
5.01a with blinker 2.0. Is this a buggy version?

Sun, 14 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 What causes 'Internal error 5333'?

Quote:

> > Paul :

> > What version did you use to compile/link the application ?
> > And what RDD ?
> > Earlier 5.2 had bugs in RDD and TBrowse().
> > Can you quote me your code fragment ?

> > Andi Jahja

> It's rather humungous code, so maybe we should avoid that. I am using
> 5.01a with blinker 2.0. Is this a buggy version?

Get the free pathes to get to 5.2e, and most of the bugs will magicly go
away... CA's web site, or the Oasis has these patches.

Tue, 16 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 What causes 'Internal error 5333'?

Hi Paul

Quote:

> > Paul :

> > What version did you use to compile/link the application ?
> > And what RDD ?
> > Earlier 5.2 had bugs in RDD and TBrowse().
> > Can you quote me your code fragment ?

> > Andi Jahja

> It's rather humungous code, so maybe we should avoid that. I am using
> 5.01a with blinker 2.0. Is this a buggy version?

Take a look at the  Internal Errors page under "How to deal with bugs &
errors ?" at Clipper...Clipper...Clipper. The 5333 error is clearly
documented there.

BTW, you should be using 5.2e, the most stable version of CA-Clipper
ever... Btw, you should also be aware that there are 152 bugs between 5.2
to 5.2e

Regards

Chee Chong Hwa, aka C.H. Chee
Penang,MALAYSIA