Corruption Detected (ntx index files)
Author Message
 Corruption Detected (ntx index files)

I have an application that produces 'Corruption Detected' messages at
the commit statements.  Some of the indexes are very simple (a single
field in the open dbf) and some are probably too complex (a field in a
related dbf).

I suspect that this topic has already been covered in detail and would
appreciate a reference to the discussion.

Thanks very much.

Bob

Fri, 28 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Corruption Detected (ntx index files)
One common cause is COMMIT being executed after the unlock command.

Gilberto Strapazon
   Brasil
www.geocities.com/gilbertostrapazon
*                                                   *

Quote:
> I have an application that produces 'Corruption Detected' messages at
> the commit statements.  Some of the indexes are very simple (a single
> field in the open dbf) and some are probably too complex (a field in a
> related dbf).

> I suspect that this topic has already been covered in detail and would
> appreciate a reference to the discussion.

> Thanks very much.

> Bob

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 28 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Corruption Detected (ntx index files)
Thanks for the reply.  I'll check once more but I'm pretty sure that I got
those two in the right order.

I wonder if I'm just doing too complicated indexs for ntx...

Quote:

> One common cause is COMMIT being executed after the unlock command.

> Gilberto Strapazon
>    Brasil
> www.geocities.com/gilbertostrapazon
> *                                                   *

> > I have an application that produces 'Corruption Detected' messages at
> > the commit statements.  Some of the indexes are very simple (a single
> > field in the open dbf) and some are probably too complex (a field in a
> > related dbf).

> > I suspect that this topic has already been covered in detail and would
> > appreciate a reference to the discussion.

> > Thanks very much.

> > Bob

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sat, 29 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Corruption Detected (ntx index files)
What is the platform/environment you are running in?  Is this a multi-
user app?  How long has this been happening?

Scott

Quote:
> Thanks for the reply.  I'll check once more but I'm pretty sure that
I got
> those two in the right order.

> I wonder if I'm just doing too complicated indexs for ntx...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 29 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Corruption Detected (ntx index files)
It happens at two sites:  one is a single user DOS 6, the other multiuser,
on a Novel network and some workstations running DOS and others running
Win98.

I believe that the error is related to the indexes that use a field in a
related (dbsetrelation) file.  I wonder if this is just too convoluted a
method for ntx indexes?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Quote:

> What is the platform/environment you are running in?  Is this a multi-
> user app?  How long has this been happening?

> Scott

> > Thanks for the reply.  I'll check once more but I'm pretty sure that
> I got
> > those two in the right order.

> > I wonder if I'm just doing too complicated indexs for ntx...

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Corruption Detected (ntx index files)

Quote:
> I have an application that produces 'Corruption Detected' messages at
> the commit statements.  Some of the indexes are very simple (a single
> field in the open dbf) and some are probably too complex (a field in a
> related dbf).

> I suspect that this topic has already been covered in detail and would
> appreciate a reference to the discussion.

> Thanks very much.

> Bob

If you have Clipper 5.3, mayby you writes to DBF when it is in Eof(). In all
RDD index file is modified (DBF no), and when is COMMIT, dbCloseArea() or
dbGoTop()/dbSeek() - RDD call error procedure with corruption detected.
Sorry for my bad (poor) english.

Marek Horodyski

Tue, 01 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Corruption Detected (ntx index files)
Marek:  Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll check, but I'm pretty sure that I am
writing to a good record.  The corruption detected messages always appear at the
commit statements.
Please do not apologize for your english; you are very brave to respond at all
when you are not sure of the language.  I am sure I couldn't say anything useful
in another language!

Bob

Quote:

> > I have an application that produces 'Corruption Detected' messages at
> > the commit statements.  Some of the indexes are very simple (a single
> > field in the open dbf) and some are probably too complex (a field in a
> > related dbf).

> > I suspect that this topic has already been covered in detail and would
> > appreciate a reference to the discussion.

> > Thanks very much.

> > Bob

> If you have Clipper 5.3, mayby you writes to DBF when it is in Eof(). In all
> RDD index file is modified (DBF no), and when is COMMIT, dbCloseArea() or
> dbGoTop()/dbSeek() - RDD call error procedure with corruption detected.
> Sorry for my bad (poor) english.

> Marek Horodyski

> > I have an application that produces 'Corruption Detected' messages at
> > the commit statements.  Some of the indexes are very simple (a single
> > field in the open dbf) and some are probably too complex (a field in a
> > related dbf).

> > I suspect that this topic has already been covered in detail and would
> > appreciate a reference to the discussion.

> > Thanks very much.

> > Bob

> If you have Clipper 5.3, mayby you writes to DBF when it is in Eof(). In all
> RDD index file is modified (DBF no), and when is COMMIT, dbCloseArea() or
> dbGoTop()/dbSeek() - RDD call error procedure with corruption detected.
> Sorry for my bad (poor) english.

> Marek Horodyski

Wed, 02 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Corruption Detected (ntx index files)

Quote:
>>> It happens at two sites:  one is a single user DOS 6, the other multiuser,  on a Novel network and some workstations running DOS and others running Win98. <<

This is similar a problem I have. Some days ago, in september 25 or 26, I
post a message about data corruption that was being caused due to a random
malfunction in a memory chip in the server. One of the occurrences was that
database updates just cancel at the dbcommit(). But this was because data
corrupted by the server. Do you ever tryed to see if are another data error?
like copying large files from station to station and compare it to see if
still ok? Regards

Gilberto Strapazon
     Brasil
www.geocities.com/gilbertostrapazon

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 03 Apr 2003 14:26:00 GMT
 Corruption Detected (ntx index files)
Gilbert:  Thanks for the reply.  I don't think its a bad chip in the server, because every now and then I hook up my zip drive and copy the data files.  Never found
a problem with the copies, but of course I haven't looked at all the records.

Bob

Quote:

> This is similar a problem I have. Some days ago, in september 25 or 26, I
> post a message about data corruption that was being caused due to a random
> malfunction in a memory chip in the server. One of the occurrences was that
> database updates just cancel at the dbcommit(). But this was because data
> corrupted by the server. Do you ever tryed to see if are another data error?
> like copying large files from station to station and compare it to see if
> still ok? Regards

> Gilberto Strapazon
>      Brasil
> www.geocities.com/gilbertostrapazon

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Mon, 07 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Which index file Corruption detected?

2. Corruption Detected Error on NTX with 2 versions of Clipper 5.2

3. Corruption Detected ... DBF/NTX 1012 or DBFNTX /1210

4. NTX Corruption detected

5. NTX corruption detected message

6. RANDOMLY RECEIVING ERROR Corruption detected DBF/NTX

7. NT, DBF's, Indexes and Corruption detected or Access Denied

8. DBF File - Corruption detected

9. Clipper NTX and Index file size ????

10. Visual C - how to access DBF files with NTX index

11. Big file index (NTX)

12. ODBC DRIVER FOR CLIPPER DBF/DBT THAT SUPPORTS NTX INDEX FILES