USPS/UPS/etc shipping rate raw data...
Author Message
 USPS/UPS/etc shipping rate raw data...

Hi All and thanks in advance !

I am working on an app to calculate shipping charges and almost NONE of
the shippers have raw data to build your own data files or update them.

I find it incredible that this is such a difficult request, does anyone
know anything, anyone or anyplace where this kind of data might already
exist.  I hate to think of typing or even scanning in these piles of
rate books :-).

Thanks again !

Take care, Vikki.
--

Sun, 14 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 USPS/UPS/etc shipping rate raw data...

Victoria,

Quote:
> I am working on an app to calculate shipping charges and almost NONE of
> the shippers have raw data to build your own data files or update them.

> I find it incredible that this is such a difficult request, does anyone
> know anything, anyone or anyplace where this kind of data might already
> exist.  I hate to think of typing or even scanning in these piles of
> rate books :-).

UPS offers their rates in comma delimited ASCII format.  Check out:

http://www.ups.com/using/software/97rates/index.html

HTH,
John

--
John P. Marshall
I.S. Associates

Sun, 14 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 USPS/UPS/etc shipping rate raw data...

On Wed, 26 Nov 1997 13:24:54 -0500, "John P. Marshall"

(boy, I missed a bunch of originals)

Quote:
>> I am working on an app to calculate shipping charges and almost NONE of
>> the shippers have raw data to build your own data files or update them.

Not true. I get Fedex, Airborne, DHL and UPS rate disks. I don't get
USPS disks, but I know they are available.

You may need to contact their advanced automation staff, but I find
that the field reps have access to this information.

Each of these shippers has a local rep. Call them and tell them you
need rate disks. If your client has a negotiated discount, be sure to
remind the rep about it.

---

             WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
        FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

  "Governments, like diapers, should be changed often
   and for the same reasons."

Mon, 15 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 USPS/UPS/etc shipping rate raw data...

Is anyone out there using Clipper version summer of 87 ?

Bruce Lybbert

Mon, 15 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 USPS/UPS/etc shipping rate raw data...

Quote:

> Is anyone out there using Clipper version summer of 87 ?

> Bruce Lybbert

Bruce,

Tried to reply by email and it bounced.

I am still supporting S'87 applications. What do you want to know?

Regards,

Ross McKenzie
Melbourne Australia

Tue, 16 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. question on shipping raw tcl lists across http

2. Extract data from radius's raw data

3. PyObject *data - access to raw data?

4. Rates, rates, rates.

5. Raw data from the Aus Stocks

6. Outputting 'Raw' printer data

7. Eiffel and "raw" data storage

8. I just want the raw data...

9. newbie:displaying raw binary data

10. Variable length raw-byte data

11. Attempting to read variable length records as raw data

12. Using DEC Fortran to read raw binary data?