Clipper 5.2e and SilverWare Comm. Libraries
Author Message
 Clipper 5.2e and SilverWare Comm. Libraries

I have a perfectly good Clipper app which uses the Silverware asynch
libraries to access COM ports via a DIGIBOARD.  Although the functions are
apparently returning appropriate values when installed on a new PentiumII
machine, the app can no longer see data coming into the port
(SWRXEmpty(nPort) is always true).  Anyone have experiece with this problem?
This is running under DOS 6.2 and regular COM port routines are working fine
but DIGIs are not working well.  I can't seem to locate the Silverware folks
anymore either. Any help would be appreciated...

Wed, 08 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.2e and SilverWare Comm. Libraries
On Sat, 20 Feb 1999 14:51:41 -0500, "Bob Sexton"

Quote:

>I have a perfectly good Clipper app which uses the Silverware asynch
>libraries to access COM ports via a DIGIBOARD.  Although the functions are
>apparently returning appropriate values when installed on a new PentiumII
>machine, the app can no longer see data coming into the port
>(SWRXEmpty(nPort) is always true).  Anyone have experiece with this problem?
>This is running under DOS 6.2 and regular COM port routines are working fine
>but DIGIs are not working well.

Bus speed is probably too fast for the Digiboard.

Quote:
>I can't seem to locate the Silverware folks
>anymore either. Any help would be appreciated...

Out of business.

It's not too hard to rework Silverware code to Telepathy, and Ira Emus
is still supporting Telepathy.

--

        Oasis WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
         FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

         Your willpower is the steering wheel and
      accelerator of what happens next in your life.

Wed, 08 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Escape Library, Clipper 5.2e and Windows XP

2. Clipx - table handling library for Clipper 5.2e from GG Compu-Systems

3. BarCode library for clipper 5.2e

4. RTF Library for Clipper 5.2e

5. Novell Library for Clipper 5.2e

6. SilverWare Windows COM Library (New 5.10!)

7. SilverWare Windows COM Library (New 5.10!)

8. Clipper DLL's using Clipper 5.2e and Blinker 5.10

9. Clipper 5.2e --> Clipper 5.3b

10. clipper 5.2e -vs- clipper 5.3

11. Clipper 5.2e, Clipper Tools and Novell 5 ???

12. Clipper 5.2e + SIXCDX or Clipper 5.3b with CDX