Clipper and Novell Network
Author Message
 Clipper and Novell Network

Hi everybody,
I am using FERASE command in my clipper program running on Novell
Network.
    IF FILE( vfile + ".dbf" )
       FERASE (vfile + ".dbf" )
    ENDIF
If the user use the program on the workstation that installed Netware
for DOS (486 machine), the system working fine. But if the user use the
program on the workstation that installed Novell Win95/98 Client, all
the .dbf files will be deleted. I have tried in a few PCs, ended with
the same situation. Any solution please ?

Thanks and best regards.   Happy New Year
G.H.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 17 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper and Novell Network
It's happend me too.
We change NetWare Client from 3.x to 2.5 (Y2K Ready) and all works good.

Regards
Ryszard

Quote:
>Hi everybody,
>I am using FERASE command in my clipper program running on Novell
>Network.
>    IF FILE( vfile + ".dbf" )
>       FERASE (vfile + ".dbf" )
>    ENDIF
>If the user use the program on the workstation that installed Netware
>for DOS (486 machine), the system working fine. But if the user use the
>program on the workstation that installed Novell Win95/98 Client, all
>the .dbf files will be deleted. I have tried in a few PCs, ended with
>the same situation. Any solution please ?

>Thanks and best regards.   Happy New Year
>G.H.

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Mon, 17 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper and Novell Network

Quote:

>Hi everybody,
>I am using FERASE command in my clipper program running on Novell
>Network.
>    IF FILE( vfile + ".dbf" )
>       FERASE (vfile + ".dbf" )
>    ENDIF
>If the user use the program on the workstation that installed Netware
>for DOS (486 machine), the system working fine. But if the user use the
>program on the workstation that installed Novell Win95/98 Client, all
>the .dbf files will be deleted. I have tried in a few PCs, ended with
>the same situation. Any solution please ?

It's a bug in some versions of netware.

Change your code to:

if !empty( vfile )
   if file( vfile + '.dbf'
      ferase( vfile + '.dbf' )
   endif
endif

--

        Oasis WWW  http://www.the-oasis.net
         FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

     The most repeated sentence in early 2000 will
     probably be "Gee, I thought somebody fixed that."

Mon, 17 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper and Novell Network

> >Hi everybody,
> >I am using FERASE command in my clipper program running on Novell
> >Network.
> >    IF FILE( vfile + ".dbf" )
> >       FERASE (vfile + ".dbf" )
> >    ENDIF
> >If the user use the program on the workstation that installed Netware
> >for DOS (486 machine), the system working fine. But if the user use
the
> >program on the workstation that installed Novell Win95/98 Client, all
> >the .dbf files will be deleted. I have tried in a few PCs, ended with
> >the same situation. Any solution please ?

> It's happend me too.
> We change NetWare Client from 3.x to 2.5 (Y2K Ready) and all works

good.

To make it clear: Use Novell Netware Client v.2.5 (+Y2K patch) or 3.10
SP2 only.
Do not use versions 2.2 or 3.0x.
If you still have some problems, go back to 16-bit Novell Client (VLM
v1.21-1.22). It works OK on every speed.

--
Regards from Poland
Andrzej P. Wozniak

Sun, 23 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper and Novell Network
This has been documented on Novell's web site as a known bug with the Novell
3.0 Client for WIn95/98.  The article to look for at Novell's web site is
entitled: "Applications delete files with 3.0 Client" and the document # is
2945418

In fact, I'll post the link to it here:

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/search.pl?database_name=kb&t...
L&docid=%03%26F167173%3a947747529%3a%20%28%20erase%20dbf%20ntx%20%29%20%20%0
7%01%00&byte_count=6381

The fix is to get Service pack 2 client 3.x.  This problem is happening
everywhere and is a mondo-huge SNAFU but it goes away with the service
ack.  -Rick

Quote:

> Hi everybody,
> I am using FERASE command in my clipper program running on Novell
> Network.
>     IF FILE( vfile + ".dbf" )
>        FERASE (vfile + ".dbf" )
>     ENDIF

Mon, 01 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper and Novell Network
Thanks - usefull

Sat, 06 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clipper, Win95, Novell network and task switching

2. Clipper, Novell 4.2 and Microsoft Client for Netware Networks

3. clipper app on novell 10 user network

4. Clipper on NT client of Novell Network

5. Clipper App under W95 on Novell 4.1 Network

6. Clipper problem on a Novell network

7. GPF in Clipper 5.3a on Novell Network

8. Print in a network by clipper (Novell + Win95)

9. Clipper 5.2e on a Novell 4.1 network

10. Clipper 5.2e app and peer-to-peer Novell network

11. Clipper 5.2e, Clipper Tools and Novell 5 ???

12. Access denied error 5 on novell network