de-complier for Clipp
Author Message
 de-complier for Clipp

O > >

O > > > When you say it works - What does it do?  If I have an EXE does it
O > > > create PRG's.  If I have not included the /b does it have an impact
O > > > And I assume that the only point to a decompiler is that the origin
O > > > source was lost or damaged-it re-creates the source right?
O > >
O > > It works.  On the other hand, the readability if generated PRG's ...
O > >
O > > Locals and Statics are called Local1, Local2 .. Static1, Static2 and
O > >
O > > I guess small apps are in reach.  Bigger apps would be more difficult
O > > understand.  Mainly, because you cannot read anything from the variab
O > ,
O > > and have to track every one to make certain.
O > >
O > > Personally, I wouldn't dream of going thru my own apps.  1.100++ func
O > > and 500++ procs ... Yuck.  I probably get nightmares tonight, just by
O > g
O > > of it. :-)
O > >
O > > ==========================================================

O > > ==========================================================

O > Thanks for answering, I have never purchased one but heard Valkyrie
O > was good and was interested.  OTOH, backups are better.  ;-)
O > Brian

Brian.

Backups are the best, but Valkyrie has saved me several times. Even
w/o the /b switch, I was able to recover code, it did have local1,
static1, etc. but it did help me. For example, you make changes (lots
of them) to your code and recompile. The program goes belly up, but
you have a copy of the prior exe file. Just decompile, compare to the
modified changes, correct as needed and you are back in business.

Valkyrie is expensive, but it has come to my rescue several times. I
know you should make backups, but it's too easy to make lots of
changes in a short period of time. You know what I mean by this I'm
sure.

Warren Lee

Wed, 03 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. de-complier for Clipper

2. FTP from Clipp App

3. CLIPP JOB OPP

4. Array Size limit in Clipp

5. Srcoll Bar Class of Clipp

6. Lecture dynamique de membre(s) de PDS

7. CONEXION DE CLARION CON ARCHIVO DE COBOL

8. SPANISH - El ABC de Clarion - Tarjetas de crédito

9. SPANISH - Participa GRATIS en sorteo de El ABC de Clarion

10. SPANISH - El ABC de Clarion - Artículos y Tips de la Semana

11. Necesito ayuda de como pasar datos de Excel a un programa Clipper

12. clipper 5.2 y PISTOLA LECTORA DE CODIGOS DE BARRAS