Clipper 5.3 or 5.2E
Author Message
 Clipper 5.3 or 5.2E

What is everyones opion on Clipper 5.3 as far as stability.  I have
been using Clipper 5.2E but I purchased 5.3 and never installed it.
Is 5.3 as stabile as 5.2E?

Thanks for your opions!

John

Tue, 10 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.3 or 5.2E

Quote:
>What is everyones opion on Clipper 5.3 as far as stability.  I have
>been using Clipper 5.2E but I purchased 5.3 and never installed it.
>Is 5.3 as stabile as 5.2E?

>Thanks for your opions!

>John

Hi John,

I'm working with 5.3 for about 1 1/2 years and did not have any
problems during this time. (expect the ones wirh CDX posted some times
ago.... No answer found!!!)

regards
S?ren

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------->
Kennst du schon S?ren's Welt?
                            http://private.freepage.de/sbassen
<-------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Wed, 11 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.3 or 5.2E

Mr. John Gross,
I always wait to see how many patches would be before I move to the next
version. I worked in 5.01 for a long time, just went through
5.2(a,b,c,d,f...z) for few months and now I work in 5.3b. New release
means (for me) new bugs. I discovered how to deal with all bugs I found
in 5.01 and now I am discovering (internal) bugs or side effects in
5.3b. My programs were more stable in 5.01 then in 5.3b, but there are
some things that you just can not do in 5.01 (and 5.2x I believe).
My opinion is, go to 5.3b but keep a copy of 5.2 just in case.
Milic Tomislav

Quote:

> What is everyones opion on Clipper 5.3 as far as stability.  I have
> been using Clipper 5.2E but I purchased 5.3 and never installed it.
> Is 5.3 as stabile as 5.2E?

> Thanks for your opions!

> John

Thu, 12 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.3 or 5.2E

Hi John

Quote:
>What is everyones opion on Clipper 5.3 as far as stability.  I have
>been using Clipper 5.2E but I purchased 5.3 and never installed it.
>Is 5.3 as stabile as 5.2E?

Take a look at Jo French's report on Clipper 5.3/5.3a/5.3b which are permanently
posted at Clipper...Clipper...Clipper, http://www.cch.com.my/cch/clipper

Quote:

>Thanks for your opions!

>John

Regards

BTW, this e-mail is sent via the KarenSoft Web Browser 1.08c,  the first Malaysian Internet Web Browser

Chee Chong Hwa, PA(M), CPA aka C.H. Chee
KarenSoft Solutions Sdn Bhd

KarenSoft InfoPage  (http://www.karensoft.com)
Who the heck Is Chee Chong Hwa ? (http://www.cch.com.my/cch/people/cch
Clipper...Clipper...Clipper (http://www.cch.com.my/cch/clipper)
Delphi...Delphi...Delphi  (http://www.cch.com.my/cch/delphi)
<Download the KarenSoft  Web Browser Version 1.05c>

Thu, 12 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. clipper 5.2e -vs- clipper 5.3

2. Clipper 5.2e vs. Clipper 5.3

3. Clipper 5.2e to 5.3

4. WTB Clipper 5.2e or 5.3

5. Clipper 5.2e to 5.3 question

6. Clipper 5.3 slower than 5.2e

7. Clipper 5.2e to 5.3

8. Clipper 5.3 to 5.3 upgrade problem

9. Mouse and Clipper 5.3 / selling software with 5.3

10. Upgrade to 5.3 from 5.2e?

11. Convert Clipper S87 to Clipper 5.3