Clipper Text Editor & Formattor
Author Message
 Clipper Text Editor & Formattor

I have been given a S87 lot of source code written by others.  What is
the best editor/formattor such that I can make sense out of these 50+
PRG files?

Thanks

Jeffrey

Thu, 21 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper Text Editor & Formattor

Quote:
>I have been given a S87 lot of source code written by others.  What is
>the best editor/formattor such that I can make sense out of these 50+
>PRG files?

>Thanks

>Jeffrey

Click. Highly recommended. Get it for free from the Oasis.
In case you do not know where Oasis is, ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

Andi Jahja

Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper Text Editor & Formattor

Quote:

> I have been given a S87 lot of source code written by others.  What is the
> best editor/formattor such that I can make sense out of these 50+ PRG
> files?

For the most part the best editor to use will be the editor you are most
used to (please people, don't start posting "I use editor <x> ..."). So, use
whatever you are most comfortable with.

On the point of a "formatter" you might want to check out The Oasis[1] and
look for either "Snap" or "Click". Snap is a well known and excellent source
code formatter and analyzer and it works very well with most S87 code. Click
is a tool written by Phil Barnett (the SYSOP of The Oasis) which does a
similar job and is also well worth a look. Download them both, run them over
the code and see which gives you the best results.

------
[1] http://www.iag.net/~philb/

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: |     w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
http://www.acemake.com/hagbard/ |  ng2html - The NG to HTML converter.

Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Calendar & text editor [Was: miranda/ programming]

2. Text editor & memory

3. simple text editor w/ D&D of hyperlinks

4. Compatible text editor for UNIX vi editor

5. Text widgets as basic text editors?

6. Text editor with slightly fancy text abilities

7. text indicies & text width errors

8. reindex in clipper 5.2 & clipper 5.3

9. clipper 5.3 & clipper tools v 3.00

10. Btrieve with Clipper 5.2 & Clipper 5.3

11. Text editor in Dolphin

12. Smalltalk with text editors