clipper 5.3 & clipper tools v 3.00
Author Message
 clipper 5.3 & clipper tools v 3.00

I have recently upgraded from clipper 5.2 to 5.3 & cannot get ca tools to
work. does anybody know if they are compatible

I have re-written most of the stuff that required tools. 2 exceptions.

     1) week() - returns the week # of date()

     2) I used to use token() as part of a udf to uplow an entire string.

comments appreciated.
Thanks

Tue, 03 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 clipper 5.3 & clipper tools v 3.00

I think you need a patch for catools.

You can find one at mf.cai.com/CAproducts/clipper

The file name is patch30b.exe.

I hope this will help.

                      Patrick

Quote:

> I have recently upgraded from clipper 5.2 to 5.3 & cannot get ca tools to
> work. does anybody know if they are compatible

> I have re-written most of the stuff that required tools. 2 exceptions.

>      1) week() - returns the week # of date()

>      2) I used to use token() as part of a udf to uplow an entire string.

> comments appreciated.
> Thanks

Wed, 04 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 clipper 5.3 & clipper tools v 3.00

Hi David

Quote:

> I have recently upgraded from clipper 5.2 to 5.3 & cannot get ca tools to
> work. does anybody know if they are compatible

I don't used CA-Tools but I know there are a couple of patches available
on the CA-FTP site or Phil Barnet's OASIS FTP site

Good Luck

Chee Chong Hwa
CCH Software Solution Sdn Bhd
CCH Web Services Sdn. Bhd.
Penang
MALAYSIA

website : http://www.cch.com.my/cch

Sat, 07 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 clipper 5.3 & clipper tools v 3.00

Quote:
>I have recently upgraded from clipper 5.2 to 5.3 & cannot get ca tools to
>work. does anybody know if they are compatible

>I have re-written most of the stuff that required tools. 2 exceptions.

>     1) week() - returns the week # of date()

>     2) I used to use token() as part of a udf to uplow an entire string.

There are patches for it. Also are you linking with Blinker (Real
mode) or Exospace (Protected mode)? To my knowledge, there are some
extra OBJs and LIBs to add to the existing list in Clipper 5.2.

-----

Practical Computer Centre Sdn Bhd
Tel:+605-2530030   Fax:+605-2538426

Mon, 09 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Frankie 3.00 patch for Clipper 5.3

2. clipper tools Clipper 5.3

3. Clipper Tools 3.0 and Clipper 5.3

4. Clipper 5.3 and Clipper Tools

5. CA-Clipper 5.3 with CA-Clipper Tools

6. reindex in clipper 5.2 & clipper 5.3

7. Btrieve with Clipper 5.2 & Clipper 5.3

8. Problem with KEYSEC() (tools III) & CLIPPER 5.3

9. Convert Clipper S87 to Clipper 5.3

10. Clipper and Visual Objects - Porting from Clipper 5.3

11. clipper 5.2e -vs- clipper 5.3