Urgent need Clipper version 5 (or 5.1 or 5.3)
Author Message
 Urgent need Clipper version 5 (or 5.1 or 5.3)

I lost mine in the WTC disaster.
Can someone provide me with a free copy.
Or does anyone know where I can purchase a copy inexpensively.

Thanks

Wed, 20 Oct 2004 04:01:49 GMT
 Urgent need Clipper version 5 (or 5.1 or 5.3)

Quote:

>I lost mine in the WTC disaster.
>Can someone provide me with a free copy.
>Or does anyone know where I can purchase a copy inexpensively.

>Thanks

I wondered how long it would be before I heard this reason...not that
I doubt it...just a simple stats question.

Suggest you contact CA with your explanation...I am sure they would be
patriotic enough to reinstate your copy.

Regards,

Ross McKenzie
ValuSoft
Melbourne Australia

Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:27:40 GMT
 Urgent need Clipper version 5 (or 5.1 or 5.3)
Buy another one - its not expensive and GrafXSoft carry it.

Quote:
> I lost mine in the WTC disaster.
> Can someone provide me with a free copy.
> Or does anyone know where I can purchase a copy inexpensively.

> Thanks

Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:31:33 GMT
 Urgent need Clipper version 5 (or 5.1 or 5.3)
Victor,

Quote:
> I lost mine in the WTC disaster.
> Can someone provide me with a free copy.
> Or does anyone know where I can purchase a copy inexpensively.

I am sure CA will do it happily....if you can provide details like...

Where your office was?
What company was it?
etc...

I am not saying I don't believe you, but
I find little bit hard to believe someone can't buy cheap
product, but they had office in one of the most expensive
building in the world?

- Jari -

Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:58:40 GMT
 Urgent need Clipper version 5 (or 5.1 or 5.3)
see page http://skyscraper.fortunecity.com/null/492/index.htm

Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:50:12 GMT
 Urgent need Clipper version 5 (or 5.1 or 5.3)
On Tue, 7 May 2002 10:50:12 -0500, "Eduardo"

Quote:

>see page http://skyscraper.fortunecity.com/null/492/index.htm

why?

Regards,

Ross McKenzie
ValuSoft
Melbourne Australia

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 05:40:43 GMT
 Urgent need Clipper version 5 (or 5.1 or 5.3)
Parking there for a week would have paid for Clipper.

Last time I visited it was $12 per day to park, $3 for coffee.  That was
1983 or so.

Mike

Quote:
> Victor,

> > I lost mine in the WTC disaster.
> > Can someone provide me with a free copy.
> > Or does anyone know where I can purchase a copy inexpensively.

> I am sure CA will do it happily....if you can provide details like...

> Where your office was?
> What company was it?
> etc...

> I am not saying I don't believe you, but
> I find little bit hard to believe someone can't buy cheap
> product, but they had office in one of the most expensive
> building in the world?

> - Jari -

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 08:16:24 GMT
 Urgent need Clipper version 5 (or 5.1 or 5.3)

Quote:
> Last time I visited it was $12 per day to park, $3 for coffee.  That was
> 1983 or so.

Wow, so the US has zero inflation?

In Orlando this year parking was $12 a day (at the convention centre and at
Disney World) and coffee seems to cost $3 almost everywhere except Sizzlers
<g>.

Geoff

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 18:56:47 GMT
 Urgent need Clipper version 5 (or 5.1 or 5.3)
On Wed, 08 May 2002 10:56:47 GMT, "Geoff Schaller"

Quote:

>> Last time I visited it was $12 per day to park, $3 for coffee.  That was
>> 1983 or so.

>Wow, so the US has zero inflation?

>In Orlando this year parking was $12 a day (at the convention centre and at
>Disney World) and coffee seems to cost $3 almost everywhere except Sizzlers
><g>.

>Geoff

Maybe zero inflation, but twice the price compared with Melbourne
Australia.

I can pay A$12 for all day parking in the city and A$2.70 for a
fabulous cappucino coffee. One A$ is worth US$0.54 today. You guys are
paying twice what you should...and the coffee comes from the same
place....

Apologies for off topic ramblings.

Regards,

Ross McKenzie
ValuSoft
Melbourne Australia

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 19:13:15 GMT
 Urgent need Clipper version 5 (or 5.1 or 5.3)
Everyone else seems to be hinting at it but I will attack this head on!

I can't imagine anyone who worked in the WTC not being able to buy a copy of
Clipper if they needed one.

It is so reprehensible to use the WTC disaster to lure some unsuspecting or
well-meaning person to give you a copy.

Of all the emails that I have seen, this one sickens me to my core!

Find another place to hang out, Victor...your kind is not wanted here!

Mike

Quote:
> I lost mine in the WTC disaster.
> Can someone provide me with a free copy.
> Or does anyone know where I can purchase a copy inexpensively.

> Thanks

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 00:58:23 GMT
 Urgent need Clipper version 5 (or 5.1 or 5.3)
What's more, how urgent could it be when the WTC disaster was a half year ago?

Ginny

Quote:
> Everyone else seems to be hinting at it but I will attack this head on!

> I can't imagine anyone who worked in the WTC not being able to buy a copy of
> Clipper if they needed one.

> It is so reprehensible to use the WTC disaster to lure some unsuspecting or
> well-meaning person to give you a copy.

> Of all the emails that I have seen, this one sickens me to my core!

> Find another place to hang out, Victor...your kind is not wanted here!

> Mike

> > I lost mine in the WTC disaster.
> > Can someone provide me with a free copy.
> > Or does anyone know where I can purchase a copy inexpensively.

> > Thanks

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 01:19:47 GMT
 Urgent need Clipper version 5 (or 5.1 or 5.3)
On Thu, 9 May 2002 13:19:47 -0400, "Ginny Caughey"

Quote:

>What's more, how urgent could it be when the WTC disaster was a half year ago?

>Ginny

>> Everyone else seems to be hinting at it but I will attack this head on!

>> I can't imagine anyone who worked in the WTC not being able to buy a copy of
>> Clipper if they needed one.

>> It is so reprehensible to use the WTC disaster to lure some unsuspecting or
>> well-meaning person to give you a copy.

>> Of all the emails that I have seen, this one sickens me to my core!

>> Find another place to hang out, Victor...your kind is not wanted here!

>> Mike

>> > I lost mine in the WTC disaster.
>> > Can someone provide me with a free copy.
>> > Or does anyone know where I can purchase a copy inexpensively.

>> > Thanks

Michael and Ginny...and Victor,

Victor's email address leads back to a company which was based in the
WTC. The Empire Blue website carries an announcement from their CEO on
12 September detailing what happened and how they intended processing
the medical insurance claims. (Thanks Steve for this bit of detective
work.)

It is entirely possible that the loss of their copy of Clipper was/is
the last thing on their minds and that they have finally gotten around
to dealing with this piece of minutia. Given the huge range of issues
that have faced the survivors since September, I could understand
Victor wanting a simple (read painless/sympathetic) solution to yet
another item on what must be a daunting list of obstacles to overcome.

I think my original suggestion of approaching CA is/was appropriate.
Hopefully Victor received a better/more appropriate  response from CA.

Regards,

Ross McKenzie
ValuSoft
Melbourne Australia

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 05:32:37 GMT
 Urgent need Clipper version 5 (or 5.1 or 5.3)
A sympathetic response Ross but it beggars belief that there is an issue
over $149! How much time does it take to order it from GrafXSoft? How much
time (and at what cost) has it taken to find a free copy?

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 06:48:41 GMT
 Urgent need Clipper version 5 (or 5.1 or 5.3)
Ross,

I have no quarrel at all with your suggestion that Victor might get a free oopy
from CA. That's between them and  CA. I just have a hard time seeing how the
loss of the copy of Clipper sould be so urgent now that so months have passed.
We all have problems, but most of us don't blame international terrorism for
failure to keep off-site backups.

Ginny

Quote:
> On Thu, 9 May 2002 13:19:47 -0400, "Ginny Caughey"

> >What's more, how urgent could it be when the WTC disaster was a half year
ago?

> >Ginny

> >> Everyone else seems to be hinting at it but I will attack this head on!

> >> I can't imagine anyone who worked in the WTC not being able to buy a copy
of
> >> Clipper if they needed one.

> >> It is so reprehensible to use the WTC disaster to lure some unsuspecting or
> >> well-meaning person to give you a copy.

> >> Of all the emails that I have seen, this one sickens me to my core!

> >> Find another place to hang out, Victor...your kind is not wanted here!

> >> Mike

> Michael and Ginny...and Victor,

> Victor's email address leads back to a company which was based in the
> WTC. The Empire Blue website carries an announcement from their CEO on
> 12 September detailing what happened and how they intended processing
> the medical insurance claims. (Thanks Steve for this bit of detective
> work.)

> It is entirely possible that the loss of their copy of Clipper was/is
> the last thing on their minds and that they have finally gotten around
> to dealing with this piece of minutia. Given the huge range of issues
> that have faced the survivors since September, I could understand
> Victor wanting a simple (read painless/sympathetic) solution to yet
> another item on what must be a daunting list of obstacles to overcome.

> I think my original suggestion of approaching CA is/was appropriate.
> Hopefully Victor received a better/more appropriate  response from CA.

> Regards,

> Ross McKenzie
> ValuSoft
> Melbourne Australia

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 08:04:38 GMT
 Urgent need Clipper version 5 (or 5.1 or 5.3)

Quote:

> I lost mine in the WTC disaster.
> Can someone provide me with a free copy.
> Or does anyone know where I can purchase a copy inexpensively.

> Thanks

It's good to know on what high moralic level this forum is build on.
It's better to know that not only my mother in law has this
teatcherlike behavior. If he has a so low budget he should look to
www.pearl.de. There i got Clipper 5.2 for 19.80 DM what is less than
10 bucks.
If this is not of help.........?
Hagen

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 18:51:20 GMT

 [ 16 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. BLINKER 5.1 + CLIPPER 5.3

2. Clipper Expert (S'87 - Clipper 5.3) needed in Atlanta area

3. Ugrade to 5.3 and 5.1

4. Upgrade Blinker version Clipper 5.3

5. Clipper 5.3 full version

6. What version of SIX drivers for Clipper 5.3 ?

7. mac version 5.1 compatability problems with pc version 6.1

8. Need help with bad Clipper 5.3 (US) installation disks

9. I need the book Clipper 5.3: A Developer's Guide

10. Need CA-Clipper 5.3 Int Disk 8

11. Need Clipper 5.3. I give Valkyrie 5

12. Some basic help need with Clipper 5.3