CLIPPER TELEPHONY SOLOUTION WANTEDI
Author Message
 CLIPPER TELEPHONY SOLOUTION WANTEDI

Our Library ClipVoice was released as OpenSource to the Oasis site.  It will
give you complete control over Dialogic telephony boards. We do all of our
Telephony Development  in delphi now.

--
Gordon Hamm
Voice Data Systems Inc.

Quote:
> I am the senior programmer at  a  clipper shop that has numerous
installations
> of a vertical market software package.  The package contains up to twelve
> different components that are customized for each client.  As such, no two
> installations are exactly the same.  The only third party libraries used
are
> Flexfile, some Tbase, and Blinker 4.  The majority of the networks we run
on
> are Novell 3.2 with W95/W98 clients.  We do have some NT installations.

> I have had requests from some clients who want to provide telephone access
> data strored in my system.  The system would have to retrieve data from my
> files and also be able to write or pass requests back.  For security
purposes,
> I would need to run a list of all records accessed. I would like to be
able to
> offer this option to other clients once it is complete.

> I know there are numerous 3rd party libraries that will allow me to code
this
> myself, but due to time constaints,  I will be unale to do so.  If there
are
> any clipper guys out there (and I know there are!!) who have done this
before,
> I would be very interested in purchasing (if the price is right...of
course) a
> complete hardware/software package.  Ideally, I am interested in something
that
> will link into my app as another library with a set of function calls to
talk
> to the hardware.

> I am open to any solution however, as long as it works and is accessible
by my
> clipper code thru some sort of interface.

> If you are interested or have any comments or even better, know of a
existing
> clipper library that can be used quickly and easily, please contact me at:

> Thanks in advance.

> James Kelly
> TPA Computer Corp.

Wed, 05 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 CLIPPER TELEPHONY SOLOUTION WANTEDI
I am the senior programmer at  a  clipper shop that has numerous installations
of a vertical market software package.  The package contains up to twelve
different components that are customized for each client.  As such, no two
installations are exactly the same.  The only third party libraries used are
Flexfile, some Tbase, and Blinker 4.  The majority of the networks we run on
are Novell 3.2 with W95/W98 clients.  We do have some NT installations.

I have had requests from some clients who want to provide telephone access to
[...]

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 14:15:17 GMT
 CLIPPER TELEPHONY SOLOUTION WANTEDI
Regarding - telephone access to data stored in my system...

I'm sorry I don't have details but you may want to look into a product
called Citrix.  They offer a modem server product.  Your customers
would be able to dial into a bank of modems hooked to a PC on your
network (full security options) and run your app and access your data.

The good points:

   You don't need to re-write your main app

   The customers only need a single PC and modem

   The citrix piece which goes to the customer is (I believe) free for
distribution

   You could code the control of what data elements were accessed in
clipper and have that as part of the app running on your server

Ok - so it isn't web access but it does work well.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 CLIPPER TELEPHONY SOLOUTION WANTEDI
Where is it. I can't found it.

Quote:
>Gordon Hamm : Our Library ClipVoice was released as OpenSource to the Oasis

site.

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 CLIPPER TELEPHONY SOLOUTION WANTEDI
On Sun, 17 Sep 2000 17:16:31 +0300, "Mike Evans"

Quote:

>Where is it. I can't found it.

http://www.the-oasis.net/

Good luck at finding anything on that site. Their allfiles.zip which
lists "all" files on the Oasis is over a year old.

It's not that they don't have good/trerrific stuff there, it's that it
takes forever to find it.

Quote:
>>Gordon Hamm : Our Library ClipVoice was released as OpenSource to
>>the Oasis site.

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 CLIPPER TELEPHONY SOLOUTION WANTEDI

Quote:

>On Sun, 17 Sep 2000 17:16:31 +0300, "Mike Evans"

>>Where is it. I can't found it.

>http://www.the-oasis.net/

>Good luck at finding anything on that site. Their allfiles.zip which
>lists "all" files on the Oasis is over a year old.

>It's not that they don't have good/trerrific stuff there, it's that it
>takes forever to find it.

The allfiles.zip is up to date. Nothing has been added to the site
since it was created.

How long does it take to download a small zip file, expand it and text
search it?

Or, you can use the search link and find anything on the site in under
10 seconds.

Your choice.

--

        Oasis WWW  http://www.the-oasis.net
         FTP Site  ftp://ftp.the-oasis.net

      If you are banking on a free software project
       getting 'Finished', then you are probably a
            poor investor in the first place.

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 CLIPPER TELEPHONY SOLOUTION WANTEDI
I searched the Oasis site to no avail.  Is it possible for you to send it to me
directly?

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 10:33:43 GMT
 CLIPPER TELEPHONY SOLOUTION WANTEDI

Quote:
> I searched the Oasis site to no avail.  Is it possible for you to send
it to me
> directly?

It appears Gordon released it on or around early April, and the date of
allfiles.zip is 7th Oct 1999, then what Phil said is true, so please
Phil, can you add to your (great) site.

Pedro

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Subject: Re: Telephone software/library ?
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 19:07:23 -0700

We are currently releasing ClipVoice as Public Domain tools.
Some time ago, I contacted the oasis and asked if they were interested
in posting ClipVoice on the site. I was told to send it, and it would be
added. I did send it, and assumed it was there, but I guess its not..
You might email them.
This lib gives you full control of the dialogic boards.

--
Gordon Hamm
Voice Data Systems Inc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 11:41:00 GMT
 CLIPPER TELEPHONY SOLOUTION WANTEDI

Quote:

>>On Sun, 17 Sep 2000 17:16:31 +0300, "Mike Evans"

>>>Where is it. I can't found it.

>>http://www.the-oasis.net/

>>Good luck at finding anything on that site. Their allfiles.zip which
>>lists "all" files on the Oasis is over a year old.

>>It's not that they don't have good/trerrific stuff there, it's that it
>>takes forever to find it.

>The allfiles.zip is up to date. Nothing has been added to the site
>since it was created.
>How long does it take to download a small zip file, expand it and text
>search it?

Did that. File not found.

Quote:
>Or, you can use the search link and find anything on the site in under
>10 seconds.

Never noticed the search function as it was tucked off to the side or
maybe because it had been a while since I had used the Oasis.

Besides the Search didn't find the file either.

>Your choice.

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 CLIPPER TELEPHONY SOLOUTION WANTEDI
Phil,

I had actually heard about ClipVoice a number of months ago, and also found
out it was supposed to be on your FTP/Web Site.  I could not find it
anywhere either?

Quote:

> The allfiles.zip is up to date. Nothing has been added to the site
> since it was created.

> How long does it take to download a small zip file, expand it and text
> search it?

> Or, you can use the search link and find anything on the site in under
> 10 seconds.

> Your choice.

> --

>         Oasis WWW  http://www.the-oasis.net
>          FTP Site  ftp://ftp.the-oasis.net
>       Clipper FAQ  http://www.the-oasis.net/clipper.html
>   Harbour Project  http://www.Harbour-Project.org

>       If you are banking on a free software project
>        getting 'Finished', then you are probably a
>             poor investor in the first place.

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 CLIPPER TELEPHONY SOLOUTION WANTEDI
Gordon,

Can you repost the library to the Oasis site?  It apparently never made it
there.  Unless it is obscure.  What would the file name be on Oasis?   I
tried to find ClipVoice a while ago on Oasis and could not find it.

Quote:
> Our Library ClipVoice was released as OpenSource to the Oasis site.  It
will
> give you complete control over Dialogic telephony boards. We do all of our
> Telephony Development  in Delphi now.

> --
> Gordon Hamm
> Voice Data Systems Inc.
> 360-686-8315

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 CLIPPER TELEPHONY SOLOUTION WANTEDI

Quote:

>>>On Sun, 17 Sep 2000 17:16:31 +0300, "Mike Evans"

>>>http://www.the-oasis.net/

>>>Good luck at finding anything on that site. Their allfiles.zip which
>>>lists "all" files on the Oasis is over a year old.

>>>It's not that they don't have good/trerrific stuff there, it's that it
>>>takes forever to find it.

>>The allfiles.zip is up to date. Nothing has been added to the site
>>since it was created.

>>How long does it take to download a small zip file, expand it and text
>>search it?

>Did that. File not found.

Then it's not there.

Quote:
>>Or, you can use the search link and find anything on the site in under
>>10 seconds.

>Never noticed the search function as it was tucked off to the side or
>maybe because it had been a while since I had used the Oasis.

>Besides the Search didn't find the file either.

So, it's not there.

--

        Oasis WWW  http://www.the-oasis.net
         FTP Site  ftp://ftp.the-oasis.net
      Clipper FAQ  http://www.the-oasis.net/clipper.html
  Harbour Project  http://www.Harbour-Project.org

      If you are banking on a free software project
       getting 'Finished', then you are probably a
            poor investor in the first place.

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 14:09:54 GMT
 CLIPPER TELEPHONY SOLOUTION WANTEDI
On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:15:32 -0400, "John Ward"

Quote:

>Gordon,

>Can you repost the library to the Oasis site?  It apparently never made it
>there.  Unless it is obscure.  What would the file name be on Oasis?   I
>tried to find ClipVoice a while ago on Oasis and could not find it.

You can't 'post a file to the site'.

I simply haven't had time to deal with the web site since I became
first, Vice President of our Linux user group, and now President.

Dave Pearson (et al) is interested in reworking the site from the
ground up. This must wait until he is successfully settled in his new
home, and until he has time.

Until then, it's an abandoned work in process.

I have had time to add the search function and keep up the link page.

But, it's incredibly time consuming to add files.

I really didn't want to invest any more time into it before the
makeover.

--

        Oasis WWW  http://www.the-oasis.net
         FTP Site  ftp://ftp.the-oasis.net
      Clipper FAQ  http://www.the-oasis.net/clipper.html
  Harbour Project  http://www.Harbour-Project.org

      If you are banking on a free software project
       getting 'Finished', then you are probably a
            poor investor in the first place.

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 14:09:56 GMT
 CLIPPER TELEPHONY SOLOUTION WANTEDI
I do not need to allow dial in access.  I need to be able to have a voice
driven system accessible via a phone call.  Like one of those voice-mail
systems.  For example, my system has a database of physicians, I want a user to
be able to call a phone number, reach an automated response system, make a
selection, enter a zip code, query my database, and return a doctor in their
area.

Anybody done something like this before?

James Kelly
TPA Computer Corp.

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 CLIPPER TELEPHONY SOLOUTION WANTEDI

Quote:
> I do not need to allow dial in access.  I need to be able to have a
voice
> driven system accessible via a phone call.  Like one of those
voice-mail
> systems.  For example, my system has a database of physicians, I want
a user to
> be able to call a phone number, reach an automated response system,
make a
> selection, enter a zip code, query my database, and return a doctor in
their
> area.

> Anybody done something like this before?

> James Kelly
> TPA Computer Corp.

Hi James,

Phil Barnett has kindly sent me the ClipVoice software, so can someone
please allow me to upload ClipVoice to their site, as a temporary
measure, until Phil is able to place it on "The Oasis".

I can email it, but as our email server has a 2.5Mb limit, I can only
email in in two 'pieces' (will need to cut it up). Obviously placing it
on a site is a better solution (albeit temp) for everyone.

Thanks

Pedro

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 13 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clipper and Telephony

2. YAHA WORM SOLOUTION

3. Telephony

4. VW and Telephony Server

5. Clarion and CTI Applications [Computer Telephony]

6. Telephony API (TAPI) Interface

7. Data Ferret's TELEPHONY Lair Page

8. Telephony in CW?

9. Telephony

10. Looking for Apps or scources for Dialogic Telephony Board

11. ! Telephony Library !

12. help with communications problem /site references for Telephony library