Help Compiling Summer 87 under CA-Clipper 5.3
Author Message
 Help Compiling Summer 87 under CA-Clipper 5.3

I have just purchased a copy of CA-Clipper 5.3. I am trying to compile and
link a Summer 87 program. The program is large (about 35 K lines of code)
and has a number of overlays. When I execute I get the following messages:
"Error BASE/1003 Variable does not exist: S_LOGON" Quit Retry. (S_LOGON is
a field name) Or messages that state that work areas are not defined. I was
expecting the source to compile under 5.3 with no additional work. How do I
fix the problems encountered and what other problems might I encounter.
Will I be better off compiling under Summer 87 and using Blinker to link.
My goal is to run under Windows 3.1 and 95.

Thanks in advance,

Cam Wolff

Sun, 08 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help Compiling Summer 87 under CA-Clipper 5.3

Quote:

> I have just purchased a copy of CA-Clipper 5.3. I am trying to compile and
> link a Summer 87 program. The program is large (about 35 K lines of code)
> and has a number of overlays. When I execute I get the following messages:
> "Error BASE/1003 Variable does not exist: S_LOGON" Quit Retry. (S_LOGON is
> a field name) Or messages that state that work areas are not defined. I was
> expecting the source to compile under 5.3 with no additional work. How do I
> fix the problems encountered and what other problems might I encounter.
> Will I be better off compiling under Summer 87 and using Blinker to link.
> My goal is to run under Windows 3.1 and 95.

> Thanks in advance,

> Cam Wolff

Hi Cam

I'm doing the same thing your doing but I had to passe by clip501 before
and the job was big.

        First of all the size of my prg files caused an out ef memory error, So
I had to  cut all the functions and procedures to smaller prg files.

        The best way so far , at least that what I found, to move up to 53 was
to have a list of all the fields your system uses sorted by dbf name.
Add the field declaration  in the begining of the fuction or procedure
and put the names fo the fields that will be called from that part of
the code. Then you can have clipper build your obj's with the "/a" for
the auto assignemt of unresolved variables to memvars. This is needed
since the old way (summer) of coding did not fuss to much with
undeclared private var any where.

        It can be done just take you time.

--

    http://www.total.net/~yeojr

        Tel: 1(418)871-6106
        Fax: 1(418)871-6760

    ***************************

Tue, 17 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help Compiling Summer 87 under CA-Clipper 5.3

Quote:

> > I have just purchased a copy of CA-Clipper 5.3. I am trying to compile and
> > link a Summer 87 program. The program is large (about 35 K lines of code)
> > and has a number of overlays. When I execute I get the following messages:
> > "Error BASE/1003 Variable does not exist: S_LOGON" Quit Retry. (S_LOGON is
> > a field name) Or messages that state that work areas are not defined. I was
> > expecting the source to compile under 5.3 with no additional work. How do I
> > fix the problems encountered and what other problems might I encounter.
> > Will I be better off compiling under Summer 87 and using Blinker to link.
> > My goal is to run under Windows 3.1 and 95.

> > Thanks in advance,

> > Cam Wolff

> Hi Cam

> I'm doing the same thing your doing but I had to passe by clip501 before
> and the job was big.

>         First of all the size of my prg files caused an out ef memory error, So
> I had to  cut all the functions and procedures to smaller prg files.

>         The best way so far , at least that what I found, to move up to 53 was
> to have a list of all the fields your system uses sorted by dbf name.
> Add the field declaration  in the begining of the fuction or procedure
> and put the names fo the fields that will be called from that part of
> the code. Then you can have clipper build your obj's with the "/a" for
> the auto assignemt of unresolved variables to memvars. This is needed
> since the old way (summer) of coding did not fuss to much with
> undeclared private var any where.

>         It can be done just take you time.

> --

>     http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~yeojr

>         Tel: 1(418)871-6106
>         Fax: 1(418)871-6760

>     ***************************

Hi folks !
To all also coping this dilemas of upgrading existing summer '87
codes to ca-clipper 5.3a
This is what I had been doing, ensure it run under netware 4.1 env
and possibly to win95/NT. I had almost  done debugging for past 6 months
on this one (accounting system). Change all obselette
functions/commands,
encounter numerous corrupted index runtime errors, dos errors. and so
on.
Modification of routine to avoid unneccessary runtime errors. use the
5.3a (cld.lib)
de{*filter*} tools to step and break, that could be more productive !!
If you have compile,link, built successfully,run it against with your
dbf data.
Good luck !!
Simon Chan

Sat, 21 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with converting Summer 87 to CA-Clipper 5.2e with Funcky.LIB

2. Clipper Expert (S'87 - Clipper 5.3) needed in Atlanta area

3. CA-Clipper 5.3 with CA-Clipper Tools

4. Help me Link file for clipper summer 87 @ plink86 or tlink

5. Help: Anybody using Flipper for Clipper Summer 87?

6. need help with clipper summer 87

7. Help with "work-area in clipper summer 87

8. Need help locating PLINK86PLUS from Clipper Summer 87

9. Need help getting a clipper summer-87 project to build

10. Need Help, Clipper Summer 87 Printer Drivers

11. Internal error 92, Summer 87 Clipper, Help

12. Out of Disk Space -- Clipper Summer 87 -- Help!