Problemi con la funzione fread() - Problems with fread() function
Author Message
 Problemi con la funzione fread() - Problems with fread() function

[comp.lang.clipper added to Newsgroups]

Quote:

> Using ca-clipper 5.2e i have problems with the fread() function, its
> return value is always 0 but if i use the freadstr() function it's all ok.
> How i can solve this problem ?

Start by giving the smallest example of how you are using it which also
demonstrates how it doesn't work for you.

My guess is that you are not initializing <cBufferVar> (see the docs) to at
least <nBytes> in size. For example, this:

,----
| Local cBuff := ""

`----

would return 0 regardless of what can be read. On the other hand this:

,----
| Local cBuff := space( 512 )

`----

would work just fine.

However, as I said, that is a guess. If this isn't the cause of your problem
you should post a small PRG that demonstrates your problem in isolation.

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: |   w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
http://www.*-*-*.com/ |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.

Sat, 04 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help in Foxpro vs Clipper... FREAD() function

2. URGENT : Problems with FOPEN(), FSEEK(), FREAD() ...

3. CALC ON FREAD() VALUE

4. Fread/Fwrite Questions

5. Clipper fread() and binary files

6. WRITE vs fread

7. fread() and inline PDF display question

8. HELP!! fread reads Fortran Direct files incorrectly

9. tcl read and fread return different results even with proper translation and encoding

10. Problemi con una Rete Win NT

11. problemi con jdk 1.0.2

12. Problemas con la ? y los acentos en win95