Newest version of SIX driver from Successware
Author Message
 Newest version of SIX driver from Successware

Does anyone please can tell me what is the latest version of SIx driver
2.xx.  I am currently using version 2.01, and I found that there should
be version 2.20.

Also, can anyone please tell me where can I get the patches/upgrade to
such version.

Thank you very much.

Jacky Chan S.K.

Mon, 09 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Newest version of SIX driver from Successware
Not meaning to jump on you especially since you didn't do it, but...  I
want to clear something up.  My last name is "SIX".  I am not affliated
with the "SIx Driver".  I have never been more than a mere-beta tester
for the "SIx Driver".

Sorry... It's just that I receive about thirty to forty messages per
month from people who think I'm involved with it in some way.

.. Vern Six ...

Mon, 09 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Newest version of SIX driver from Successware

Quote:

>Not meaning to jump on you especially since you didn't do it, but...  I
>want to clear something up.  My last name is "SIX".  I am not affliated
>with the "SIx Driver".  I have never been more than a mere-beta tester
>for the "SIx Driver".

>Sorry... It's just that I receive about thirty to forty messages per
>month from people who think I'm involved with it in some way.

Gee, Vern, you maybe need to change your last name to Sex.

That'd get rid of those pesky Six questions. ;)

Sun, 15 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Newest version of SIX driver from Successware

Quote:

>Gee, Vern, you maybe need to change your last name to Sex.

>That'd get rid of those pesky Six questions. ;)

Oh... you are so funny!  <grin>   When I was a kid all the other kids
really abused the name.  Here are some I used to be called...

      Vern Sux
      Vern Sicks
      Vern Sex
      {*filter*} Sex
      Vern Sax
      Vern Fix
      Vern Sox

You name... I've heard it!  <grin>

.. Vern ...

Sun, 15 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Newest version of SIX driver from Successware

Quote:

> >Gee, Vern, you maybe need to change your last name to Sex.

> >That'd get rid of those pesky Six questions. ;)

> Oh... you are so funny!  <grin>   When I was a kid all the other kids
> really abused the name.  Here are some I used to be called...

>       Vern Sux
>       Vern Sicks
>       Vern Sex
>       {*filter*} Sex
>       Vern Sax
>       Vern Fix
>       Vern Sox

> You name... I've heard it!  <grin>

> .. Vern ...

...but did anyone ever call you PHIL?

--

Pete Clark                          Don't worry - be stupid <:-}

Mon, 16 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Newest version of SIX driver from Successware

Quote:

>> Oh... you are so funny!  <grin>   When I was a kid all the other kids
>> really abused the name.  Here are some I used to be called...

>>       Vern Sux
>>       Vern Sicks
>>       Vern Sex
>>       {*filter*} Sex
>>       Vern Sax
>>       Vern Fix
>>       Vern Sox

>> You name... I've heard it!  <grin>

>> .. Vern ...

>...but did anyone ever call you PHIL?

HA!!!!  A classic line, Pete my good man...

Mike

Tue, 17 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Newest version of SIX driver from Successware

Quote:

>>Gee, Vern, you maybe need to change your last name to Sex.

>>That'd get rid of those pesky Six questions. ;)

>Oh... you are so funny!  <grin>   When I was a kid all the other kids
>really abused the name.  Here are some I used to be called...

>      Vern Sux
>      Vern Sicks
>      Vern Sex
>      {*filter*} Sex
>      Vern Sax
>      Vern Fix
>      Vern Sox

>You name... I've heard it!  <grin>

>.. Vern ...

You know, there are some really good ones there that I'd never have
thought of! ;)

I can't begin to imagine the torment that you faced over this.
Boy named Sue, indeed!

Ok, now the problem at hand. How about Vern "you got the wrong Six' Six?

Just be glad your middle name isn't Clip4Win or FiveWin! You'd have been
battered to death by now...

Wed, 18 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Newest version of SIX driver from Successware
I like hearing about Vern, but it may save some time if he found out
if there _is_ a new version of Six and let us all know!

Alex Strickland

Thu, 19 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Newest version of SIX driver from Successware

Quote:
>Does anyone please can tell me what is the latest version of SIx driver
>2.xx.  I am currently using version 2.01, and I found that there should
>be version 2.20.

I think the latest version is 2.03.01 (for release 2 of the library.
There IS a release 3 and I don;t know the latest version # for that).
You can get the update patch by calling their BBS.

gg

Thu, 19 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Newest version of SIX driver from Successware

Quote:

>I like hearing about Vern, but it may save some time if he found out
>if there _is_ a new version of Six and let us all know!

>Alex Strickland

What?!  Are you helpless?  Pick up the phone and call SuccessWare
yourself!

.. Vern "The Original" Six ...

Fri, 20 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Newest version of SIX driver from Successware

Quote:

>What?!  Are you helpless?  Pick up the phone and call SuccessWare
>yourself!
>.. Vern "The Original" Six ...

You _DO_ know that the original question was about the current version
of the SIX driver, don't you?

Jeez!

gg

Sat, 21 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Newest version of SIX driver from Successware

Quote:
>You _DO_ know that the original question was about the current version
>of the SIX driver, don't you?

>Jeez!

Absolutely I know that.  I was bothered by the tone that said something
like, "Why doesn't Vern find out and tell us?!"  Like it was my job or
something.

.. Vern ...

Sat, 21 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Newest version of SIX driver from Successware

Quote:

>Absolutely I know that.  I was bothered by the tone that said something
>like, "Why doesn't Vern find out and tell us?!"  Like it was my job or
>something.

You are right - I did not see the "he should tell us. . ." the first
time around.

gg

Mon, 23 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Newest version of SIX driver from Successware

Quote:

>>Does anyone please can tell me what is the latest version of SIx driver
>>2.xx.  I am currently using version 2.01, and I found that there should
>>be version 2.20.
>I think the latest version is 2.03.01 (for release 2 of the library.
>There IS a release 3 and I don;t know the latest version # for that).
>You can get the update patch by calling their BBS.
>gg

The latest version is 3.x .  It has been out for months!

--
Bill Barnes
WEB Software & Consulting, Inc.

Visit us at http://www.websoftware.com/websoftware/

Mon, 23 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Newest version of SIX driver from Successware

Quote:

>I think the news group is getting a bit tense - it was a joke. For
>your interest I have faxed them for some product info but they
>didnt reply. Keep well - i enjoy your posts!

I think you're right.  The newsgroup IS getting a bit tense.  I can only
explain it due to the fact that I have been receiving about thirty or
forty messages per week {*filter*}ing about my views on FiveWin, etc.  Then I
got a ton a messages about the SuccessWare upgrade thread.  Then I get a
ton of messages because I released some of my products to PD.  Then I get
a ton of messages complaining about my not supporting the MANY freeware
products I have released.  Then I got a few messages about me taking my
BBS offline for a couple of weeks.

I don't know... maybe I'm just having a real pissy past couple of weeks
but I just felt taken for granted.  I know... what a baby right? <g>

Sorry if I have added to the tension in the newsgroup.

.. Vern "The Original" Six ...

Mon, 23 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

 [ 16 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. ODBC driver for Successware Six Driver

2. SIx Driver (SuccessWare) VariField Technology (Shrinks Indexes/DBFs)

3. SuccessWare SIX driver

4. Six RDD driver lastest version

5. What version of SIX drivers for Clipper 5.3 ?

6. Successware Six product

7. SuccessWare's Clipper Library version 3.x

8. pagescript, dymo labelwriter, newest drivers/versions margin error

9. Six new demos and new primitives at http://ajlogo.com

10. Ca Tools and Six Driver

11. SIx Driver RDD

12. wanted: DOS Clipper 5.2 SIX-RDD-driver (or serial)