looking for Accounting software that's y2k and clipper compatible
Author Message
 looking for Accounting software that's y2k and clipper compatible

Does anyone know of Accounting software that's y2k and clipper
compatible. We are using SBT Accounts receivable version 6.35 in
conjunction with Summer87  and Clipper 5.01for most of our software
needs. We figure we will be able to convert our in-house software to be
y2k compatible, but will need either to convert our SBT software or find
another Accounting software. I would appreciate any thoughts on these
matters. Thanks in advance

Sun, 11 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for Accounting software that's y2k and clipper compatible
From what I remember of working with the SBT accounting modules (ver 6) ,
there should be no problem re-compiling them under Clipper 5.2e.

Although the date fields use 2-digit years, using the:
SET EPOCH TO 1980
statement in the code should allow you to continue using the code as-is.

You'll want to ensure that all fields in the databases that store dates are
actually Date type and not Character.

- Kevin.

Quote:

>Does anyone know of Accounting software that's y2k and clipper
>compatible. We are using SBT Accounts receivable version 6.35 in
>conjunction with Summer87  and Clipper 5.01for most of our software
>needs. We figure we will be able to convert our in-house software to be
>y2k compatible, but will need either to convert our SBT software or find
>another Accounting software. I would appreciate any thoughts on these
>matters. Thanks in advance

Sun, 11 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for Accounting software that's y2k and clipper compatible

Quote:
>Does anyone know of Accounting software that's y2k and clipper
>compatible. We are using SBT Accounts receivable version 6.35 in
>conjunction with Summer87  and Clipper 5.01for most of our software
>needs. We figure we will be able to convert our in-house software to be
>y2k compatible, but will need either to convert our SBT software or find
>another Accounting software. I would appreciate any thoughts on these
>matters. Thanks in advance

Champion Business Systems Controller is written in Clipper 5.2 and is
Y2K compliant.  Source code is also available.  I have used/supplied
this software for many years and have been very happy with it.

http://www.champbiz.com

John

Sun, 11 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for Accounting software that's y2k and clipper compatible

Quote:

>Does anyone know of Accounting software that's y2k and clipper
>compatible. We are using SBT Accounts receivable version 6.35 in
>conjunction with Summer87  and Clipper 5.01for most of our software
>needs. We figure we will be able to convert our in-house software to be
>y2k compatible, but will need either to convert our SBT software or find
>another Accounting software. I would appreciate any thoughts on these
>matters. Thanks in advance

at a client of mine. He could probably help you also. (He does that for a
living)

Jacob Abas

Tue, 13 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Looking for Y2K version of SBT AR thats clipper index compatible

2. Looking for a solution for Clipper'87 and Y2K problem

3. Clipper 5.3 Y2K Compatible

4. look for a international accounting software

5. Looking for Clipper 5.01 compatible compiler

6. New To Clipper And Looking For A Clipper Software Distributor

7. Still looking for VC++ version that's compatible with FPS 1.0a DosExt

8. Look for CA-Clipper Tools 3c patch (Y2K)(feb 2000)

9. Need a Clarion Compatible Accounting System

10. Need a Y2K Hack / Fix for '87 Clipper.Lib

11. Clipper Summer '87 & y2k

12. Clipper Summer '87 Y2K