Debugging with Windows 95, Blinker 4.0 and Clipper 5.3 
Author Message
 Debugging with Windows 95, Blinker 4.0 and Clipper 5.3

I don't seem to get the de{*filter*} working with Windows 95, Blinker 4.0
and Clipper 5.3. Most various errors appear on my screen.

Does anybody have a correct link-script or a method how to do the right
stuff (it's probably my fault somewhere)?

Thanks a lot, because this problem took some free nights from me!

Greetings, Ronald from the Netherlands.



Sun, 14 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 Debugging with Windows 95, Blinker 4.0 and Clipper 5.3

I had the same problem a few months ago.

After I changed to Blinker 4.1 (you can download the update from the Blink
Inc. page http://www.*-*-*.com/ ), I had no problems anymore.

My scripts usually look as this one :

OUTPUT applic.exe
BLINKER INCREMENTAL OFF
BLINKER PROCEDURE DEPTH = 100
BLINKER EXECUTABLE CLIPPER //F:200 //E:0
BLINKER EXECUTABLE EXTENDED
SEARCH BLXCLP53

BEGINAREA
   FI fal
   FI scrtool
   ..........
   FI agenda
   FI prestat
ENDAREA

LIB dbfcdx
LIB _dbfcdx

FILE \SOFTWARE\CLIP53B\LIB\CLD.LIB

Only the last line has been added to debug my program. After having compiled
and linked your application, your de{*filter*} will run automatically.

Good luck and let me know if it works OK.

Michel Driessen
HomePage : http://www.*-*-*.com/

M&A Consult bvba
HomePage : http://www.*-*-*.com/

Genk (Belgium)


Quote:
>I don't seem to get the de{*filter*} working with Windows 95, Blinker 4.0
>and Clipper 5.3. Most various errors appear on my screen.

>Does anybody have a correct link-script or a method how to do the right
>stuff (it's probably my fault somewhere)?

>Thanks a lot, because this problem took some free nights from me!

>Greetings, Ronald from the Netherlands.



Mon, 15 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 Debugging with Windows 95, Blinker 4.0 and Clipper 5.3

Hi,

Upgrade to Clipper 5.3b.

Clipper 5.3 does not support Windows 95. Clipper 5.3b does.

You can get the patches in the CA site or in Phil Barnett's Oasis. Look in
this newsgroup for a post from Phil Barnett and you should find the url
there.

Hope this helps !

Miguel Oliveira

Quote:

>I don't seem to get the de{*filter*} working with Windows 95, Blinker 4.0
>and Clipper 5.3. Most various errors appear on my screen.

>Does anybody have a correct link-script or a method how to do the right
>stuff (it's probably my fault somewhere)?

>Thanks a lot, because this problem took some free nights from me!

>Greetings, Ronald from the Netherlands.



Mon, 15 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 Debugging with Windows 95, Blinker 4.0 and Clipper 5.3

On Thu, 27 Nov 1997 15:08:34 +0100, "DRIESSEN Michel"

Quote:
>I had the same problem a few months ago.
>After I changed to Blinker 4.1 (you can download the update from the Blink
>Inc. page http://www.blinkinc.com), I had no problems anymore.
>My scripts usually look as this one :

>OUTPUT applic.exe
>BLINKER INCREMENTAL OFF
>BLINKER PROCEDURE DEPTH = 100
>BLINKER EXECUTABLE CLIPPER //F:200 //E:0
>BLINKER EXECUTABLE EXTENDED
>SEARCH BLXCLP53

>BEGINAREA
>   FI fal
>   FI scrtool
>   ..........
>   FI agenda
>   FI prestat
>ENDAREA

>LIB dbfcdx
>LIB _dbfcdx

>FILE \SOFTWARE\CLIP53B\LIB\CLD.LIB

Michael,

Some of my clients are beginning to upgrade their hardware and I am
about to start compiling extended mode programs for the first time.
Is it necessary to use BEGINAREA ... ENDAREA with extended Blinker
scripts?

Don

"Programming proves that Natural Selection is true, since every time
I've idiot-proofed a program, a better idiot shows up."



Mon, 15 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 Debugging with Windows 95, Blinker 4.0 and Clipper 5.3

Don

Quote:
> Is it necessary to use BEGINAREA ... ENDAREA with extended Blinker
> scripts?

They're ignored by the linker when linking in extended mode.

HTH
--
Steve Quinn
BRUTE Computer Services - Australia

http://www.brutecom.com.au



Tue, 16 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 Debugging with Windows 95, Blinker 4.0 and Clipper 5.3

Quote:

> I don't seem to get the de{*filter*} working with Windows 95, Blinker 4.0
> and Clipper 5.3. Most various errors appear on my screen.

> Does anybody have a correct link-script or a method how to do the right
> stuff (it's probably my fault somewhere)?

> Thanks a lot, because this problem took some free nights from me!

> Greetings, Ronald from the Netherlands.

I'm having the same problem, but instead of Blinker I use Exospace.
When i make the application with debug information, it just doesn't run.
Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Pedro Albuquerque,
JVR- Lgica de Dados.
Tel 351.2.7313955
Fax 351.2.7313952



Tue, 16 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Help debug clipper 5.3 + blinker 4.10

2. Install Clipper 5.3 at Windows'95/98

3. Clipper 5.3 installation on windows 95 hangs up !

4. Convert clipper 5.3 to Windows 95/NT

5. CA-CLIPPER 5.3 & WINDOWS 95

6. Clipper 5.3 and Windows 95

7. Crash Clipper 5.3 program linked with Exospace under Windows 95

8. Clipper 5.3/Windows 95/Printing

9. Clipper 5.3 and Windows 95

10. Windows 95/Clipper 5.3

11. Help on Clipper 5.3 and Windows NT 4.0

12. Clipper 5.2-Blinker 2.01-Windows 95

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software