FiveWin: can't switch from DLL to DLL
Author Message
 FiveWin: can't switch from DLL to DLL

Hi,

I'm having the following problem:

I start with

    SET RESOURCES TO "LIB1.DLL","PREVIEW.DLL"
    SET RESOURCES TO "LIB1.DLL"

The resource of the dialog that starts up is in LIB1.DLL; one of the buttons on this dialog
allows the user to print in PREVIEW mode; the button calls a function that
has
    SET RESOURCES TO "PREVIEW.DLL".
The preview works just fine and upon termination the original Dialog re-displays just fine.
The problem arises when a button is clicked on the original dialog that causes another dialog
whose resources are in LIB1.DLL to be displayed: I get the Resource not found error.
I've tried SER RESOURCES TO "LIB1.DLL" in all kinds of places and still can't
get it to work. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Roland Wilhelm

PS.  enviroment: CLIPPER 5.2e, Blinker 3.1

I thought it may be the linker, so I tried 3.2 but couldn't get that to run at
all (see next post)

Thu, 15 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 FiveWin: can't switch from DLL to DLL

You can load as many DLLs as you want (limited only by
system resources) by using LoadLibrary().

Quote:

>Hi,

>I'm having the following problem:

>I start with

>    SET RESOURCES TO "LIB1.DLL","PREVIEW.DLL"
>    SET RESOURCES TO "LIB1.DLL"

>The resource of the dialog that starts up is in LIB1.DLL; one of the buttons on this dialog
>allows the user to print in PREVIEW mode; the button calls a function that
>has
>    SET RESOURCES TO "PREVIEW.DLL".
>The preview works just fine and upon termination the original Dialog re-displays just fine.
>The problem arises when a button is clicked on the original dialog that causes another dialog
>whose resources are in LIB1.DLL to be displayed: I get the Resource not found error.
>I've tried SER RESOURCES TO "LIB1.DLL" in all kinds of places and still can't
>get it to work. Any ideas?

>Thanks,
>Roland Wilhelm

>PS.  enviroment: CLIPPER 5.2e, Blinker 3.1

>I thought it may be the linker, so I tried 3.2 but couldn't get that to run at
>all (see next post)

Thu, 15 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. CTL3D.DLL, CTL3D32.DLL, CTL3DV2.DLL and Clipper/Fivewin/R&R

2. C4a Making Clarion DLL using outside DLL's

3. FiveWin+AXS problem, nwipxspx.dll wanted

4. Fivewin/Clipper/C and DLLs

5. Using .DLL with FiveWin

6. Fivewin and .dll (again)

7. FiveWin and .Dll

8. DVF - hot to switch from a console app to a dll app

10. Cannot find entry point 'GenOleDBService' in DLL 'C55TPLS.DLL'

11. Clarion/ASP - Cannot find entry 'GenOleDBService' in DLL 'C55TPLS.DLL'

12. EZTWAIN.DLL and EZTW32.DLL