The lost FUNCKy functions
Author Message
 The lost FUNCKy functions

Hello all,

I have a problem.

I'm maintaining some S'87 code which uses FUNCKy functions.
Now I am compiling it with Clipper 5.3b, and I use the new FUNCKy.
Some functions are no longer in FUNCKy, they are not in Clipper, but they
still work (defined in a header file somewhere in terms of other functions
I guess). For instance: box() and print().

However, those new functions do not work in the same way (other parameters).
This is annoying.

Does anyone know of a comprehensive list detailing these differences for
functions that were once in FUNCKy but aren't there anymore?

TIA

Arjan Bokx
--
(replace underscore with dash for email reply)

Mon, 16 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 The lost FUNCKy functions

Quote:

> Hello all,

> I have a problem.

> I'm maintaining some S'87 code which uses FUNCKy functions.
> Now I am compiling it with Clipper 5.3b, and I use the new FUNCKy.
> Some functions are no longer in FUNCKy, they are not in Clipper, but they
> still work (defined in a header file somewhere in terms of other functions
> I guess). For instance: box() and print().

Oops, never mind.
They ARE in FUNCKy, but they're not in the accompanying reference manual
(WHY NOT??).
I found all of them in the online Windows help file and I feel suitably
stupid.

Arjan Bokx
--
(replace underscore with dash for email reply)

Mon, 16 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 The lost FUNCKy functions

wrote (possibly edited):

Quote:
>I found all of them in the online Windows help file and I feel suitably
>stupid.

You are in good company here ...  :)

Don

"Programming proves that Natural Selection is true, since every time
I've idiot-proofed a program, a better idiot shows up."

Tue, 17 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 The lost FUNCKy functions

Quote:

> wrote (possibly edited):

> >I found all of them in the online Windows help file and I feel suitably
> >stupid.

> You are in good company here ...  :)

And yet... I still keep bumping into functions that I cannot find
explained anywhere (_xkey(),...), but after my previous postings, I'm damned
if I ask here again before taking apart my whole CLIP53 directory structure
with Norton DE and FF... it won't happen to me again!  (yeah right)

Quote:
> Don

Arjan Bokx
--
(replace underscore with dash for email reply)

Tue, 17 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 The lost FUNCKy functions

wrote (possibly edited):

Quote:
>And yet... I still keep bumping into functions that I cannot find
>explained anywhere (_xkey(),...),

I can see "_xkey" in all the Funcky LIBs using Win95's Find facility.
It's sure to be (?) a Funcky internal.

Don

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."

Wed, 18 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. I need a list of Funcky functions and their descriptions

2. Help with some funcky functions

3. funcky function lprintbyte()

4. CW1.5 to CW2.0 conversion lost function call

5. urgent: lost a function in the editor but is stil in my lisp

6. Interrupting a C function without losing performance

7. losing function key definitions after exec

8. Lost Lib files - lost source

9. pretty-printing (lose, lose)

10. Funcky

11. Free Funcky @ GrafXsoft.com ADV