Problem With Windows 2000/NT
Author Message
 Problem With Windows 2000/NT

Hello,

My "remote" client decided to install Windows 2000/NT.

I suggested him to make changes in

  C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG.NT.          : files=100
  C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.    : set clipper=F100

Now, he complains that my Clipper 5.2 e application have "shaking" screen.

Questions:

1. Are the above changes in  Config.nt  and Autoexec.nt proper and
sufficient ?
2. What is a couse of "shaking" screen ?

Regards, Branislav

--
-=(?ane)=-

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 02:11:43 GMT
 Problem With Windows 2000/NT
Branislav

Quote:
> 1. Are the above changes in  Config.nt  and Autoexec.nt proper and

sufficient ?
Should be OK
    - although I don't use the Autoexec.nt as I burn the settings into the
exe with Blinker

Quote:
> 2. What is a couse of "shaking" screen ?

Probably the video card having probelms synching to DOS mode.
    - Check for new drivers
    - Change the video card

--
HTH
Steve Quinn

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 06:54:42 GMT
 Problem With Windows 2000/NT

Quote:
> Branislav

> > 1. Are the above changes in  Config.nt  and Autoexec.nt proper and
> sufficient ?
> Should be OK
>     - although I don't use the Autoexec.nt as I burn the settings into the
> exe with Blinker

> > 2. What is a couse of "shaking" screen ?
> Probably the video card having probelms synching to DOS mode.
>     - Check for new drivers
>     - Change the video card

> --
> HTH
> Steve Quinn

Stephen,
Video card is " Pinacle MIRO DC 30+ " , have any idea how to solve the
problem ?
Branislav

Thu, 04 Mar 2004 04:15:12 GMT
 Problem With Windows 2000/NT
Branislav

Quote:
> Video card is " Pinacle MIRO DC 30+ " , have any idea how to solve the
> problem ?

Never heard of it<g>

Check out who the manufacturer is and check their website (if they have one)
for the latest drivers for the OS involved, otherwise try plugging in a
different video card to see if it changes anything.

--
HTH
Steve Quinn

Thu, 04 Mar 2004 08:32:04 GMT
 Problem With Windows 2000/NT
If the problem only occurs when running full-screen, have the client run
it in a window.  All of my users seem to like running it maximized with
the 10 by 18 font.
--
Earth first!  We can mine the other planets later.

Sat, 29 May 2004 10:24:22 GMT

1. was Re: 4.01Graphics Problem with Windows 98 but not NT or 2000

2. 4.01 - Graphics Problem with Windows 98 but not NT or 2000

3. Problem with Clarion5 legacy exe and windows NT/2000

4. "Out Port.vi": passing from Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000

5. Hard links on Windows NT 4 and Windows 2000

6. looking for windows NT/2000 binary for gawk 3.1.1 (or better)

7. Saving file to Windows NT 2000 volume

8. Question Windows NT / 2000 / ME & Clarion

9. Windows 2000/NT and batch files

10. Clipper Processor hogging on Windows NT and 2000

11. Novell to Windows NT/2000

12. Windows NT/2000 Discussion List [WINNT-L@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM]