clipper dos sound to windows sound card
Author Message
 clipper dos sound to windows sound card

Hi,

What library will properly redirect basic tone() output to a sound
card rather than the motherboard speaker.

I need to be able to use my dos programs that send sound to the
motherboard speaker to redirect to the sound card, I'm sure it's
possible but I don't know what library to use.

TIA

Jack

Tue, 11 Jan 2005 05:36:55 GMT
 clipper dos sound to windows sound card

Quote:
>What library will properly redirect basic tone() output to a sound
>card rather than the motherboard speaker.

>I need to be able to use my dos programs that send sound to the
>motherboard speaker to redirect to the sound card, I'm sure it's
>possible but I don't know what library to use.

It is not possible to convert the tone() output in command for the
sound card, however you can set the sound card for play the speaker
sound out of your speakers (see the documentation of the sound card),
in this case the sound it's the same of the speaker (no .WAVs etc.)

Tue, 11 Jan 2005 06:21:50 GMT
 clipper dos sound to windows sound card
You can try and set the default sound  for "sound and mutimedia"
app in control panel to  ding.wav.
I did this to output the bell character and it work not sure about
tone. If all you need is some kind of indictor sound , then
do this and output the bell character instead of using tone().

Quote:
> Hi,

> What library will properly redirect basic tone() output to a sound
> card rather than the motherboard speaker.

> I need to be able to use my dos programs that send sound to the
> motherboard speaker to redirect to the sound card, I'm sure it's
> possible but I don't know what library to use.

> TIA

> Jack

Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:13:10 GMT
 clipper dos sound to windows sound card
Quote:
> What library will properly redirect basic tone() output to a sound
> card rather than the motherboard speaker.

You can use the programm WAV.EXE from WebGeek!

D:\VIDEO2>wav
WAV.EXE v2.5 - Command line audio file player
Copyright (c) 1998-2000 by WebGeek, Inc.

Usage:  WAV filename[.wav] [/Q] [/Rn] [/Vn]

  /Q    Quiet mode - no header is displayed
  /Rn   Repeat 'n' times
  /Vn   Volume level

  If no file extension is specified, .WAV is assumed.

WAV.EXE will continue playing the audio file until it finishes,
or the user presses the Esc key.

Sample with Blinker:
..
SWPRUNCMD("WAV SOUND /q",0,"","")
..

Otto
Bern, Switzerland

Using Clipper 5.2e, Blinker 5.10, Clip-4-Win 3.0,
      PageScript 2.0, TextPad 4.3

Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:44:58 GMT

1. Sound through the sound card for MSWLogo?

2. snack sound and multiple sound cards

3. Clipper Audio Via Sound Cards

4. Sound Card Output with Clipper

5. Windows Sound Card

6. How do you use your sound card and sound VI to get sound levels off a microphone.

7. REXX: Sound.CMD --- simple sound player !

8. sound WAVE sound

9. SOUND-a-SOUND

10. Sound Cards!

11. Need tutorials on sound card programming

12. Test PC card sound