Internal error 1210 ???
Author Message
 Internal error 1210 ???

Hi all,

I have a Clipper program built by someone else and I've been asked to
produce a small program to print barcodes from a certain field on one of
the databases of that program. Up to here, everything is ok. The other
program uses the DBFCDX RDD, which I've looked in to (because I was used to
the NTX format), and I'm already able to manipulate the data on the DBF
files (SKIP, SEEK operations, etc.). But what happens now is that there is
a specific case where I want to replace a certain field on the DBF file
with my own data, so I lock the record (because its on a network
environment) and do the REPLACE operation. That works ok because when I see
the file with DBASE, the data has been changed. The problem is that when I
try to unlock the record (with UNLOCK or DBRUNLOCK( ) ), the program gives
me an INTERNAL ERROR 1210 which I can't find anywhere on my Clipper manuals
nor on the NG files. I've found out that the problem is not the UNLOCK
operation itself because if I replace the unlock instruction with a USE
instruction (for example), I still get the same error. One of the orders in
the CDX file has to do exactly with the field I'm replacing, but the SET
ORDER TO is not pointing to that order at that moment.

Anyone know what the problem might be? I have to very urgently solve this
problem...

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Estevao Raminhos

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 25 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Internal error 1210 ???

Estevao

All TAGS in the CDX are updated if the field you change is part of the
index key.

What is the index key for the TAG that you get the error on??
Does it use a function call that you don't have linked into your app??
        put a REQUEST <FUNCTION_NAME> at the top of your main function

HTH
--
Steve Quinn
BRUTE Computer Services - Australia

http://www.brutecom.com.au

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I have a Clipper program built by someone else and I've been asked to
> produce a small program to print barcodes from a certain field on one of
> the databases of that program. Up to here, everything is ok. The other
> program uses the DBFCDX RDD, which I've looked in to (because I was used
> the NTX format), and I'm already able to manipulate the data on the DBF
> files (SKIP, SEEK operations, etc.). But what happens now is that there
is
> a specific case where I want to replace a certain field on the DBF file
> with my own data, so I lock the record (because its on a network
> environment) and do the REPLACE operation. That works ok because when I
see
> the file with DBASE, the data has been changed. The problem is that when
> try to unlock the record (with UNLOCK or DBRUNLOCK( ) ), the program
gives
> me an INTERNAL ERROR 1210 which I can't find anywhere on my Clipper
manuals
> nor on the NG files. I've found out that the problem is not the UNLOCK
> operation itself because if I replace the unlock instruction with a USE
> instruction (for example), I still get the same error. One of the orders
in
> the CDX file has to do exactly with the field I'm replacing, but the SET
> ORDER TO is not pointing to that order at that moment.

> Anyone know what the problem might be? I have to very urgently solve this
> problem...

> Thanks in advance for any help.

> --
> Estevao Raminhos

> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/2002

Fri, 25 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Internal error 1210 ???

Quote:
>Hi all,

<cut>

   1210     Data and Index files out of sync

   Database (DBF) files and index (NTX) files are out of sync.  This
   usually happens when the database is updated without the index being
   open.

   If the cause of the problem was that the database was updated
   through a utility external to the application, simply recreate the
   index (NTX) file and restart the application.

   If the database was not updated outside of the application, check the
   code for the application to ensure that all indexes are open when
   updates are being done.  Correct the code, recreate the index (NTX)
   files, and restart the application.

Regards
Richard

Fri, 25 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Internal error 1210 ???

If you've checked for all the obvious things like dbf's being updated
without all the indices open, here's something a little less obvious.

Especially, if you're using the DBFCDX driver that came with Clipper before
5.3 (i.e., the Successware/Luxent driver).  Make sure you have the latest
version; and check your stack (procedure depth) setting.  The Successware
drivers requires a much higher stack size, they recommend 80, but I've found
a setting over 110 eliminated all my "unexplained" 1210's.

BLINKER PROCEDURE DEPTH 120

Fri, 25 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Erratic internal error 1210 in clipper 5.2e app using DBFCDX - Error (0/1)

2. Erratic internal error 1210 in clipper 5.2e app using DBFCDX - Error (1/1)

3. internal error 1210

4. Internal Error 1210

5. Internal error 1210

6. Internal error 1210 running under Win95b

7. Erratic internal error 1210 in clipper 5.2e using DBFCDX

8. Internal Error 1210...

9. Help: internal Error 1210 in Clipper 5.2e program

10. DBCOMMITAL(0) Internal error 1210

11. Internal Error 1210

12. Internal Error 1210