Printing through Windows 98 with S87
Author Message
 Printing through Windows 98 with S87

I have developped many applications with the Summer 87 version of
Clipper.

I experience problem printing when one of my applications is installed
on a Win98 machine using a HP Deskjet 720C.  From HP, it seems that this
printer model will only print under Windows and is not supposed to be
compatible with DOS applications.

Is there a way to address a Windows device from a clipper application
(S87) that would allow me to send the printing job to a printer already
defined in windows ?

Any suggestion appreciated

Michel Boivin, p.eng.
Cap-Rouge, Quebec, Canada

Sun, 29 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing through Windows 98 with S87

Quote:
>I experience problem printing when one of my applications is installed
>on a Win98 machine using a HP Deskjet 720C.  From HP, it seems that this
>printer model will only print under Windows and is not supposed to be
>compatible with DOS applications.

i haven't used that printer specifically, but you should be able to
set the printer to print directly to printer instead of spooling in
Win98

also, if you did not capture a LPT when setting up the printer, this
could cause to not print as well... most likely this is the problem.
From my experience, you need to delete the printer and build it again
and make sure when the capture port box appears, that you capture to a
LPT.  This screen in win98 actually says that some DOS programs will
not print unless you capture a LPT

furthermore, make sure you select MS-DOS programs will print to this
printer

Hope this helps
Don

Quote:

>Is there a way to address a Windows device from a clipper application
>(S87) that would allow me to send the printing job to a printer already
>defined in windows ?

>Any suggestion appreciated

>Michel Boivin, p.eng.
>Cap-Rouge, Quebec, Canada

Mon, 30 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing through Windows 98 with S87
On Wed, 11 Nov 1998 18:39:29 -0500, Michel Boivin

Quote:

>I have developped many applications with the Summer 87 version of
>Clipper.

>I experience problem printing when one of my applications is installed
>on a Win98 machine using a HP Deskjet 720C.  From HP, it seems that this
>printer model will only print under Windows and is not supposed to be
>compatible with DOS applications.

>Is there a way to address a Windows device from a clipper application
>(S87) that would allow me to send the printing job to a printer already
>defined in windows ?

Probably the easiest way would be to print to a file (SET PRINTER TO
C:\SOMEFILE.TXT & then print the file from some Windows editor.

--
Nick Ramsay
WitzEnd Computer Services

Mon, 30 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing through Windows 98 with S87

Hi,

You could run a capture batch file, to capture your printer,  at the DOS
level.  I have the same problem except in Windows 95.  I made a batch file
to capture the printer.  Whenever I want to print something in Clipper I
make sure I run the batch file first.

Tammy

Quote:

> I have developped many applications with the Summer 87 version of
> Clipper.

> I experience problem printing when one of my applications is installed
> on a Win98 machine using a HP Deskjet 720C.  From HP, it seems that this
> printer model will only print under Windows and is not supposed to be
> compatible with DOS applications.

> Is there a way to address a Windows device from a clipper application
> (S87) that would allow me to send the printing job to a printer already
> defined in windows ?

> Any suggestion appreciated

> Michel Boivin, p.eng.
> Cap-Rouge, Quebec, Canada

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Mon, 30 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing through Windows 98 with S87
Don I have access to clipper5.0 program database system. I'm also having a
problem faxing from an winNT enviroment. If you find a fix for your problem
printing , please share it with me, likewise I'll do the same for you.

Thanks.
Dennis

Mon, 30 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing through Windows 98 with S87

Tammy -
Could you post the batch file here?
Thanks,
Fred Zuckerman

San Diego, CA, USA

Quote:

>You could run a capture batch file, to capture your printer,  at the DOS
>level.  I have the same problem except in Windows 95.  I made a batch file
>to capture the printer.  Whenever I want to print something in Clipper I
>make sure I run the batch file first.

Tue, 01 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Windows 98 printing problem

2. Printing in Windows 98

3. Windows 98 printing problem

4. problems printing in windows 98

5. Printing Problems in Windows 98

6. How to print in Windows 98/2000

7. Printing and fonts under windows(98)

8. Tcl/Tk printing on Windows 95/98

9. Clipper S87 printing in Windows

10. Moving from Windows 98 to Windows 2000

11. Clarion 5 app, windows 98 and windows XP

12. Windows 98 DDK & Windows in assembly